Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox - which store has the best deal?

Options
  • 08-11-2004 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

With the imminent arrival of Halo2, I'm sure I'm not the only one looking to buy a Xbox this week. Since I won't be able to get to a game store till Thursday anyway, I figured I'd ask in the meantime if anyone knows which stores have what deals on Xbox and bundles etc. to try and figure out where the best place to buy would be.

So, if you happen to know what bundles are available, list them here, and I'd be very grateful. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I just bought one from Gamestop, I had a look around and I thought the deal they are doing with either 2 second hand games or classic games for 169 was the best. I got the silver xbox, cronicals of riddick and burnout 3 for 169.

2 brand new games (2nd hand but in perfect con).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

xtravision will more than likely have an xbox and halo 2 bundle package when it arrives in the shops,think there sellin the xbox with 1 game for 158,but im not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Just FYI, I ended up buying in Smyths. €180 for crystal Xbox and Halo2 is pretty good.

I also bought Amped2 and TopSpin for another €50 there. Amped2 was actually the first game I tried, and I was REALLY worried something was wrong with my Xbox, as the announcers voice kept breaking up, and then video started freezing, and then resuming 5 or 10 seconds later. Courses also took a massive amount of time to load. Turns out it's the disc - it's got very strange marks on it on one side, kind of like scratches, but different. more like scuffs. The other games are fine. I can't believe Smyths would sell a scratched disc. It's going back to day for replacement (I better not get any hassle about it not being in its original packaging etc. especially given how they gut them to start with :rolleyes: )

Advertisement