Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browser for .pst files? Other than Outlook

• 08-11-2004 5:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

From time to time, to keep my inbox tidy and keep outlook running quickly I backup my .pst folder and start afresh. If I need to check a backed up mail it means I have to back up the current .pst, rename the backup and restart outlook to find the mail.

Or am I a fool? Is there any way of browsing the contents of a .pst file outside of outlook/outlook express?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭hulhi

http://www.mailnavigator.com/read_dbx_file.html

you could use soft like this. or create different profiles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

I did find an app that converted pst files to mbox files which i used when tranferring all my PC stuff to mac, worked a treat, also saves the attchments in a separte folder which was kinda cool, think

outlook2unix I think was the name ? you should be able to import the files into pretty much any mail app then.

Laters

Steve

Advertisement