Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduation - breakfast and/or lunch

• 08-11-2004 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm looking for some advice. Firstly a group of us are looking for a fairly decent place to get breakfast in Dublin...not the 4Seasons but not Kylemore. A place we wouldn't have been to before and we can start our graduation day off on a high...Any ideas? Are the only places hotels or am I forgetting somewhere? Everything else that springs to mind is the sorta place I'd go hungover or that does breakfast rolls for builders :D

Also, any recommendations for lunch? I was thinking of the unoriginal idea of Roly's in Ballsbridge but apparantley it'll be swampped and I'm trying to branch out. I don't mind the city centre but parking for a group is a bit of a pain. In the city centre I think Shanahan's is just too much even for graduating! What about other places on the Green - Brownes, Bangs, etc.?

Or I'm very open to 'special' places outside of the City Centre - I recently went to Cruzo's on Malahide Marina which is great in terms of location and so on...but I'm not going to go back. Anywhere else?

A bit vague I know but it's hard to think of places when your looking for new restaurants you havn't eaten in before!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Bump.

Oh come on?! Your telling me the readers of a food board have NO views on where to get a decent lunch in Dublin or surrounding areas? Somewhere you wouldn't go everyday or just pop into!

I'd really appreciate some pointers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Why don't you walk around, find restaurants that you think look good and then post them here asking what people think of them.

Yeah I get your point Blisterman.

I'm afraid I'm short on time at the moment and have had so many suggestions that I was trying to pick these reader's brains all at once. i.e. Whatever their immediate first choice is it would be worth considering.

I guess I'll have to just keep my ears open and come back here with a final list.

Thanks!

Edit:
    Anyone been to these pleaces for lunch:
    Peblo's (on St. Stephen's Green)? Prices?
    Gilbos?
    Roly (no s) in the Pavillion in Dun Laoighre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Peploes on Stephen's Green is very nice for lunch and the prices are middleish. Probably need to book a bit in advance as it can be very full. Another choice in the city centre would either be One Pico on Schoolhouse Lane or Fado on Dawson Street. Also Thaiger Becs, La Stampa and the other asian restuarant beside the Mansion House are other choices.

Nice one.

Is Pico One as good as Peploes?
    I'm having problems booking cos of the damn christmas rush!

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement