Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone used the Pioneer DEHP80MP head unit?

Options
  • 08-11-2004 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of buying this head unit. Has anyone used it or recommend it? Pro's and cons?
    Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Also, what do ye guys and gals think of the price on this particular website? All in all, I would save a packet by ordering from this site rather than buying from a shop. It says that it comes with a "free" dvd player. I have a feeling I'm paying for it in some way. It retails on amazon for approx £68.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Seen one in a friends car and i'd be fairly interested in head unit's ICE installs etc. It's a very good unit alright, i think its the next one up from the unit currently have. If your speakers are upto it the sound quality will be amazing compared to the stereo that came with your car.

As for prices that site is fairly good, lately though i'm finding ebay to be a very good partner when purchasing these sort of items.

Farlz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

I have one.

It's a great unit.

I went for the P80MP and a mate went for the P8600MP. The 8600 looks great alright and has a few extra options. But I maintain that my P80MP sounds better. The extra 10w per channel just gives it the extra kick. Navigating the controls is actually not as fidgety as it first looks but are some really odd combinations required to change some of the settings. I suggest you study the manual if you buy it.

All in all, any of the higher range DEH-MP head units will give you a good sound and you can fiddle with it until it sounds like what you want to hear anyway. But the extra 10w per channel has to be good. As long as you have good speakers and an amplified sub you can get all the quality at a volume that is probably too high to be healthy anyway. :)

Basically;

Pro's: Sound quality is similar to 8600 (bloody excellent) {imho}
    €100 - €150 cheaper than 8600
    Higher wattage for more volume

Con's: Doesn't look as funky as the 8600
    Controls are sort of annoying (for the first while anyway)

Advertisement