Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instrument Board Mods

Options
  • 08-11-2004 8:37pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just want to point out that the mods on the Instruments board (Oeneus and Slosh) are rarely about. Anyone else think that another mod should be established over there? Especially to move the almost weekly For Sale threads.

I know this post is badly worded. It's nothing against Oeneus or Slosh but I believe one of them is back packing in Austrailia at the moment :eek:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

feylya wrote:
    Just want to point out that the mods on the Instruments board (Oeneus and Slosh) are rarely about. Anyone else think that another mod should be established over there? Especially to move the almost weekly For Sale threads.

I know this post is badly worded. It's nothing against Oeneus or Slosh but I believe one of them is back packing in Austrailia at the moment :eek:

You just want to be the mod.

Good luck, I tried a few years ago but Slosh got in first *frown*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

If there is to be a new mod, I'd nominate Doctor J. He's always on, and doesn't get half the credit he deserves for his in depth knowledge on what seems to be every instrument. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I second Doctor J.

I wouldn't be a good mod tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Mmmm. Strong with the way of the instrument is Doctor J (I rarely drop into the board but he's always answering stuff well)

Is there any update on this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I blame society.

As a bass player, DoctorJ would be perfect because of the bass player's natural detatchment from society. Feylya would also be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I dont post here but I do read it. Doctor J would be my choice. he seems to be extremely knowledgeable (spelling)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I agree with Feylya that the mod for a board should be on it all the time and make contributions to the board, eg Ken on the Rock/Metal board. This doesn't seem to be happening with the Instruments board. However, I don't think I'm the right candidate for the job, I don't have a connection at home, so am really only here during working hours (when I should be working ;) ) but thanks everyone for the nomination anyway.

Edit -> Feylya gets my vote.

Is it standard practice for a mod to insult the posters on his forum?
    Oeneus wrote:
    You're such a bunch of smart-arsed cyber-yobs! Grow up!
    Oeneus wrote:
    Give me a break, guys. I don't spend my whole friggin' life deleting For Sale Ads! I realise most of you geeks don't like sunlight, but I'm quite fond of it!

He seems not to have the time for the instruments forum! He didn't even post on boards.ie for a 4 month period.

So, is there any chance of getting a decent mod over there who'll will actually post regularly and not call people names?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Speaking of which - nearly 6 months later I'm still banned from that forum despite many requests to get unbanned - can anyone sort this out for me??

Cheers!!!

::: ven0mous :::

• Advertisement

What did you do? Maybe you should pm a mod... Ooops, they're not online :p

We need someone to deal with this sort of ****

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=210813

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Someone's itching to be mod....

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

I say both Feylya and Doctor J are excellent choices, but seeing as Doctor J doesnt seem to want to be mod, let Feylya do it. He knows his ****, contributes regularly and he's enthusiastic about the subject.

I don't particularly care who mods it, I just think that there is a need for a mod who is there more often than they are at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭asphalt-cushion

neGev wrote:
    I say both Feylya and Doctor J are excellent choices, but seeing as Doctor J doesnt seem to want to be mod, let Feylya do it. He knows his ****, contributes regularly and he's enthusiastic about the subject.

I agree. Feylya has answered every single one of my questions. You have my vote. :)

Advertisement