Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is better- Oasis or Blur?

Options
  • 08-11-2004 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Who is better in your opinion- Oasis or Blur? Excuse me for using a line from Father Ted... Blur are better in my opinion but what do you think? Answer me ANSWER ME!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

What decade are you living in???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

its only a bleedin whistle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

They're both good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Coumtay

Oasis! , no, Blur! , no Oasis!......which one do you like??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

pfft the correct answer is Pulp of course :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

blur are a great band... at least they're progressive and not afraid to do something completely different. their last few albums have just gotten better and better. Oasis aren't too bad... they're just not as spectacular for a band with a profile as big as theirs should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

they're both very good, and very different. and yeah, blur have progressed, lots, and have gotten totally more growth out of their music than oasis.. way back when i really would've hands down said oasis, because blur were too.. annoying some of the time (sounds like i'm saying the gallaghers aren't annoying, dunnit?) but now i'd say blur have a better sound..
    if we're to be judging them overall though, i don't really know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

Blur ARE better.
    Oasis WERE better.

-Blur did have a Graham Coxon afterall, there's only one of them in the world as we speak!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

blur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

Oasis for nostalgia reasons but Blur probably are..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Grim_Reaper

Blur are better... in fact anything is better than Oasis... even, dare I say it... Britney Spears is better than Oasis!!! Anywho... Hey Weatherman! Long time you no around!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

oh blur definately. Reminds me of those old school gangs we used to have, the blur gang and the oasis gang. Oasis guys were ****, just drawling trying to be like a gallagher could never make out a word they were saying.

Pulp and Supergrass are good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

blur
    for such songs as end of the century, this is a low, the universal, tender, girls and boys, etc etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Another Pulp nomination from me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 catgirl

Blur ARE better.
    Oasis WERE better.

i agree, at the time i liked oasis, can't stand them now. blur 've lasted the test of time.

put down the fork...... (love that episode)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭miss serena

Defo, Blur stand the test of time. Oasis just makes me cringe, more 'cos of the gallagher bros than the music really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 stereo_carol

Heyyyy!!!!
    Oasis all the way! i mean blur are pretty decent and there's some new version of common people which is class but oasis are just classic!
    i mean take songs like live forever or little by little, brilliant...! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Pulp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 cawo

oh dear lord it's ten years ago.... i've got to warn the world about simon cowell!!!

they both suck ass..so does ian brown i might add

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Not a huge fan of either, but I'd go with Blur.
    xm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭dentaku

blur are better selon moi, BUT oasis would have been better if it wasn't for liam gallagher. they're pretty dull now but early oasis (live forever, whatever, cast no shadow...) is still great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

Oasis are dirt...always have been, always will be....producing student disco anthems for thickos who follow the crowd instead of trying to discover their own musical identity

Blur write clever interesting, witty and intelligent music for people who understand that there's more to it than just "following the herd, down to Greece"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭tovalee

blur, i liked that gorillaz cd too, a bit out there, but interesting anyway. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

Blur are waaay better.
    they shouldn't really be compared with oasis...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

Blur are a good band and there still going with their crazy videos and so forth. Oasis were a good band but to much drugs and girlfriends and big ego's got in the way and dont forget bout thier always being drunk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭EdBanger

Heyyyy!!!!
    Oasis all the way! i mean blur are pretty decent and there's some new version of common people which is class but oasis are just classic!
    i mean take songs like live forever or little by little, brilliant...! :rolleyes:

Er Common People? I think u Meen Pulp, and the new version is by Wiliam Shattner with a little help from benfold

Advertisement