Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How NOT to ask questions in Programming

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 ontargetrepairs

right seamus, ill look into that wager ill whip out that line of code and see what happens.....

seamus, fair plate te yea.... i looked into it, went to that block of code.... edited it to what i tought would sort it out, saved it and reloaded the page....

not a dickie bird, in fact i had started typing my request for my tenner :)..... but then i went back to the webspace and re-checked the code..... the code had re-appeared????? my jaw droped, anyway i did a little more doctoring and i think i fixed it for shure..... check it again would yea.

seamus, fair plate te yea.... i looked into it, went to that block of code.... edited it to what i tought would sort it out, saved it and reloaded the page....

not a dickie bird, in fact i had started typing my request for my tenner :)..... but then i went back to the webspace and re-checked the code..... the code had re-appeared????? my jaw droped, anyway i did a little more doctoring and i think i fixed it for shure..... check it again and see what yea think.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

It's not gonna be my homepage or even in my bookmarks. Not my cup of tea at all.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~topicpsycology <- that looks nice enough. I'm guess that's the Dreamweaver template? Might I recommend restyling that lniks page so it actually fits in with that.

Anyhow if you find it useful then it wasn't that much of a wasted venture.

I might build myself something similar (concept wise) but it'd be entirely different and heavy on the PHP. Maybe next year. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

not a dickie bird, in fact i had started typing my request for my tenner :)..... but then i went back to the webspace and re-checked the code..... the code had re-appeared????? my jaw droped, anyway i did a little more doctoring and i think i fixed it for shure..... check it again would yea.
    I'm sorry, what you thought would sort it out?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!1

This bloody thing eluded you for 4 months, you're told how to fix it, and its what you thought would sort it out?
    F*ck off, you couldn't even tell me what the code does...

And then, just to make things better, you don't clear the cache and the troublesome code magically "reappears"... Bugger off, you silly git...

• Advertisement

lll

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

... That's what you do for a living?

You mean you seriously put up the link to the page and didn't expect anyone to see what was at the root of that page? Let alone people at the root who click "links" and are brought to your creation.

If you wanna seperate the two then seperate them. Free hosting is available all over the place. Get another account.

I really doubt I'm the first person to "stumble" across this. It's a pretty basic thing to do in my opinion (to go see what's in the root of the account).

shure Whats wrong with that?

doodle sketch what does a kerry man sound like when say's "Man, when you rip code".. ?
    id love to know what that sounds like.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Just E-mail us if you require a I.T solution to your Needs or if your not shure about a service dont be afraid to ask.

I'm not shure that's the correct way to spell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Now you get "That URL is not valid and cannot be loaded". Your page is up to something. If I was to take a wild guess it might be something to do with the session keys in the URLs (least it looks that way).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

For the MSN search on your web there’s an error when you click on the search button without typing anything into the txt box.

not a dickie bird, in fact i had started typing my request for my tenner :)..... but then i went back to the webspace and re-checked the code..... the code had re-appeared????? my jaw droped, anyway i did a little more doctoring and i think i fixed it for shure..... check it again and see what yea think.

you see it was your code not opera or firefox.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

In fairness ontargetrepairs, you replied with this same post twice and something not far off it 30min before that,
    It looks like this thread us just turning into spam,
    jessy wrote:
    For the MSN search on your web there’s an error when you click on the search button without typing anything into the txt box.

there's a erroro even when you do type something it
    :)
    Not Found
    The requested URL /~topicpsycology/results.aspx was not found on this server.

btw whats the point of this website?
    homepage for your browser or you expect people to use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Everyone done now?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Trojan wrote:
    Everyone done now?
    No.

ontargetrepairs, now that I have your attention, you need to do two things;

1. Read the sticky in this forum about how to ask questions, and keep it in mind.

2. Set about fixing the 152 errors in your code. Working through the errors is good experience and will make you a better coder. If you don't understand any of the error messages, start a thread on this forum and ask there. Don't PM me, cos then nobody else benefits. Only start one thread, and ask questions about all the errors there.

</end_transmission>

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Found this thread from the "Threads of Fame" in the Wiki and just wanted to say: It was me. I did it. I sneak around at night changing people's code using their passwords from Boards!!

O.o

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

rofl.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement