Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Eye suggestions

Options
  • 08-11-2004 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

The way I would normally fix red eye problems is by becoming a wizard getting out my majic wand select and shift select the dred red Ctrl U ( I am speaking windows you Mac people know I am wrong and it's command) to desaturate. Switch to brush (whats a brush in mac lingo hairy stick?) set it to black opacity 20% and darken out the red (if you have not tried this before DO NOT DARKEN TO ABSELOUTE BLACK..about 80% will be enough). Next Deselect put on the cowboy boots get out the lassoo and make a LOOSE selection around the irises send to a new layer then colour the eyes (image menu adjustments>hue/saturation>colourize) while in the new eye layer I then use the eraser set to hard edged brush mode to tighten it up (get rid of eye colour that has covered the white space). Lower the opacity if the colour is too intense merge the layers Ctrl E.

This works great if the subject is in the foreground and the eye is not completely red I have some pics taken in very poor indoor lighting the subjects are not close up and have alien eyes I have had to zooom all the way in the majic wand is not much use because the red also merges with the skin tones, I am trying the smudge tool the brush tool is not doing the job I know i am not going to get realistic eyes and do not expect to just to be somewhat human because I am resorting to the blue omni which has helped with images I have used the smudge on.

Got any suggestions???

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The red-eye correction in PSP9 is very impressive, and quite customisable. But where's the fun in using built-in features? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭nutkase

Are you talking about Paint Shop Pro I'm limited to photoshop and your'e right who wants the easy way out when you can save trips to the barber shop pulling your hair out

Advertisement