Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*******Sensor Networks******

Options
  • 08-11-2004 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all,

Forgive me as I'm a newbie to boards.ie but I won't be long catching on...

I'm just wondering if anybody out there,besides me, is working on the topic of sensor networks, I'm just after been assigned into this area and I'm just trying to get my feet on the ground so to speak - I have been advised to look into the area's of tinyOS and Maté in relation to the above topic...

I simply want to know if anybody has any pointers, of where to start on this topic???

I've even tried setting up tinyos on a number of pc's running windows - but the problem that i'm having is that I don't even know if it has been set up correctly - all my previous experience has been in the area of programming in Java, C, and some work in the .NET framework.....

I anyone out there can give me any help in the area of setting up tinyos or pointers in the area of sensor networks,I'd greatly appreciate it

thanks all

Appreciate a response

ciderhound:-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cidersoundsgood

Hi all,

just incase anyone else is working with this technology - to ensure that your tinyos/cygwin is operating correctly, carry out the following check

OPEN CYGWIN -> type in toscheck

this will run a systems check and must return a line at the very end stating the it has compiled without any errors...

One of the common faults that I found was that it was missing java Comm API - to set this up, download the Comm API from Sun -> amd extract the comm.jar file to ..\jre\lib\ext directory.

then rerun toscheck and all should be happy

Advertisement