Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

graffiti

• 08-11-2004 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

am shooting a project on graffiti and the subculture and am lookin for good locations in dublin with a bit of character.dont have to be masterpieces, or the center of attention.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

What kind of project is it? College or other? What type of a location are you looking for. Give me some details and I can point you in the correct direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

On the M4 near Leixlip/Cellbridge there is a flyover with "Romans" in large letters. Though I suppose that is Kildare.

That Romans piece is also in an illegal spot, hard enough to get to and a crap place to shoot anything, tons of noise and stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

have a look around windmill lane and the billboards beside dockers pub on sir rogerson quays

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭johnny b

its a college project.black and white.already have some shots done already but need to get into it now. the location doesnt really matter.urban / rural. a bit of character about the place wouldnt go astray. the graffiti doesnt have to be big **** off monster masterpieces. also most of the photos wont be just of the graf but the surroundings aswell, so if you can view it from a slight distance it would be great. anything with a twist and a bit of originality.

• Advertisement

thanks heffsarmy and sprostongreen.will check it out. keep eyes open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

the best bit of graffitti in dublin, for pure audacity, has to be on the side of the metrobowl on the northstrand , you can see it from connolly station/amien street and beyond... by griff ?

some punks did some stencilling graffitti on the city arts centre the other week as part of an event...

graffitti seems be hover somewhere between cool and cliche

good stuff.will check it out.suppose i can leave the 70-300m at home!

HAS ANYONE ANY IDEA WHAT THE HELL THE TAG "UEK" IS? ITS BURSTIN MY BRAIN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

wat course ye doin? sounds good

The UEK on the side of the Strand Bowl is by a chap called Gone, UEK means underground elements krew. Grift has two other pieces in the car park of that building. Windmill lane is probably your best bet for shooting somewhere in the city. Yoo could try the road out the back of the villiage, a couple of crews did that a while ago. There's also a place in baldoyle. Give me a pm and I can pass on the location on to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Milkman Dan

there's loads of graffiti on the nothside dart line, especially around howth junction/donaghmeade.
    under one bridge there a fairly impressive display...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

johnny b wrote:
    am shooting a project on graffiti and the subculture and am lookin for good locations in dublin with a bit of character.dont have to be masterpieces, or the center of attention.
    I might still have some pics of the graff from smithfield when there was a free wall announced there. I'll have a look. Had a wee accident with the oul pc there not too long ago and not sure if I still have em. Lost a lot of data...

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭scribs

All you have to do is jump on the Stephens Green - Sandyford Luas Line.

The whole stretch of the journey appears to have been taken over by two Graffitti artists vying for space.

"GRIFT" is one guys tag and "DROP" appears to be the other guys tag.
    The other day saw one of them had done a sketch that must have been 10 foot high and just as wide. Must have taken hours to do

Its hillarious its as if these guys have nothing else to do but paint this crap
    all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

GRAFFITI IS EVERYWHERE THERES NO STOPPIN DA UEK OR RCS OR ANY OF DA OTHER CREWS ITS a way OF LIFE

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

smois wrote:
    GRAFFITI IS EVERYWHERE THERES NO STOPPIN DA UEK OR RCS OR ANY OF DA OTHER CREWS ITS a way OF LIFE

:D funny guy so you are

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

ive noticed lately alot of grafitti from the centre of town out to bray on the N11... there are words like grift drop icn rcs appearing everywhere along that route and some along the blackrock road.

Quite a few ICN pieces in busy enough parts of town recently too.

I do still have those pics I took in Smithfield. If anyone wants them I can email em. Might have to be in a couple of weeks though. I'm very busy with college at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭cecilwinthorpe

gobby could i get some of them? email them to elmozio{at}hotmail{dot}com

gobby could i get some of them? email them to elmozio{at}hotmail{dot}com
    Hope ye have space for them. They are big enough. I can send You a gmail invite if you want...

• Advertisement

well that addy has no emails in it at the mo so i should be able to get them all hopefully but if you think gmail would be better then yeah go for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

check out areas surrounding the train lines in the north strand/ east wall area
    some nice graf pieces which in my opinion are made nicer by the grimy old redbrick walls & bridges.

oh my word how crazy is that graham its me lauren! your cousin!

WTF!!! :eek:

Thats just madness alltogehter! Haha!!!

How the devil are ya!? :D

i am not too bad at all! just set up the gmail thingy and its cecilwinthorpe{at}gmail{dot}com

i am not too bad at all! just set up the gmail thingy and its cecilwinthorpe{at}gmail{dot}com
    Cool. I'll email those pics when I can. Have broadband in the house now so it should be no bother. I have a few things on today so it will be the evening before I get home. I have to hand in my logbooks today. Its the last day of my final year project! (Then I have a load of other work to do!)

PS: That was really, really strange! Tell Gar et all that I said hello!

thats fine whenevers cool. i will indeedy infact amy and mum are on there way to blanch at the mo cos poobrain has an interview and i think they're meetin ally there.

You can just find them on an old update on eiresol.com, the one with the red theme. It also has a picture of the entire wall, pretty huge.

FX Meister wrote:
    You can just find them on an old update on eiresol.com, the one with the red theme. It also has a picture of the entire wall, pretty huge.
    Yeah, found them. Decent site actually. Never realised that there was so much graff in Ireland. Although I think there is a lot of graff from other locations too. Still, good site...

• Advertisement

It's got stuff from around Ireland but it's all Irish. There may be a few pieces from Irish writers painting abroad on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement