Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

graffiti

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

I know a lot more about graffiti than you
    do you know how silly that sounds?? Why should there be rules for **** like graffiti and hiphop etc? its all bs in my opinion.
    It may be about getting your name up for some people but Im sure for many it is their medium of choice for their art and creativity.
    don't patronise me. I've travelled plenty and know graffiti writers from countries all over Europe
    get over yourself. You cant dictate the facts about something as open as graffiti. It sounds like youre a bit of a graffiti snob- how ironic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

gobby wrote:
    Doesn't have to be like that though.

People in Germany go to a lot of effort to do amazing pieces on trains. If they get caught the fine is MASSIVE. A rediculous amount of money. If you get caught spraying on a building you have to pay for the whole thing to be completly repainted (professionally).

So lets review, in Germany if you get caught you are going to have to pay a LOT of money. In liew of this, do they run in and out as fast as they can and only spray some ****ty little tag? No, they plan their piece properly and do some amazing work!
    To be honest you probably don't know about yards in Germany so can't really speak about them. Yards in Germany used to be quite easy, and pieces would run. Here in Ireland people also put a lot of effort into painting trains, you don't see it because it doesn't run. Ireland has a lot fewer trains than Germany, hence they are easier to secure. In Germany they are more concerned with running a proper service than pulling a train out of service to buff, as they do here. What Klim says is true to an extent, all writers do pieces and tags. Some choose to tag more than piece, some tag exclusively and others only piece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

get over yourself. You cant dictate the facts about something as open as graffiti. It sounds like youre a bit of a graffiti snob- how ironic.
    how the hell do you expect me to react when you tell me to "get cultured"? The fact is you were lecturing me on something you obviously knew very little about...and yes, there are certain rules to graffiti, call me a graffiti snob if you like, but I didn't decide that, that's just the way it is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 r.descartes

Banksie..... nuff said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 marshmellowface

if you want something a bit different you could check out the graf exhibition in the Digital Hub, I think it's on till thursday..

peices on canvas and other materials by the TDA, JOR, Frankenstyles etc
    haven't seen it yet but it soulds like a good show..

if you like graffiti you'll probably like WONDERSCREEN on tv3 tonight, I saw a preview of the series - there are some deadly short films and animations from around the world, really nice styles, very fresh..

the lineup is here:
    http://www.lovelyproductions.com/wonderposter.html

oh yeah, the fish factory or the main bridge in Dogheda woould be good spots for photographing graf too..

oh, and u probably know about eiresol, www.eiresol.com but it might be handy to have a look

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 marshmellowface

klimseven is right by the way..

oh, and if you want to have a look one of directions graf has taken in the past few years check out 'street art' here:
    http://www.woostercollective.com/

or sticker art:

www.stickernation.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 slob

I'm an up and coming graffiti artist from Cavan. (Please don't even bother making fun of me for this because I do know a thing or two more than most people about graffiti). I get my paint from All-City. Every month or so a few of us go up and get our supplies of paint. Fx-Meister you seem to know a lot about graffiti. Are you sure that Grift and Drop aren't the same person because loads of places Grift is, Drop is right next to it in the same color spray or paintmarker! Do you do graffiti yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Dub_Ster

graffitiers thanks and i do meen it thanks for makeing the citys towns look cooler keep up the good work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Djddd1

FX Meister wrote:
    UEK means underground elements krew.

Sorry it do'se not it is actually Underground Elements Kings. Grift and drop are not the same person, I know that for a fact.

If you want more facts or pictures of new graffiti in Dublin I suggest
    http://www.ladz.tk and check the forums. And any questions, I'm sure a member will be able to help and maybe even Maskia or Grift from Rcs will give you a dig out since I'm Hosting the RadiCalS section for them..

Take all the pictures marked with a ladz.tk logo if you want for your projrct happy to help!

I take it you are the one running that lame site? And you claiming to host the RCS section for them! What a joke. You hosting pics of their pieces you took does not involve them in any way.
    edit: I just noticed your RCS section is just flicks ripped off from other sites. Nice

• Advertisement

G R I F T A N D D R O P A R E T W O T O T A L L Y D I F F E R E N T P E O P L E, you f ucking retards

Does anyone know where I can see the older eiresol.com web-pages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Carbon Peroxide

slob wrote:
    Does anyone know where I can see the older eiresol.com web-pages?
    You might wanna try http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.eiresol.com and see what they have there.

FX Meister wrote:
    I take it you are the one running that lame site? And you claiming to host the RCS section for them! What a joke. You hosting pics of their pieces you took does not involve them in any way.
    edit: I just noticed your RCS section is just flicks ripped off from other sites. Nice

Actually they where sent to me from maskia and I was asked so where is your site? I not trying to be a prick I just starting out plus I'm only 15 so it is a bit hard and I think that the standert of the site is good.

Eiresol starts here http://www.eiresol.com/0103/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

has anyone seen that roller job arce and jude did under da m50 toll bridge.. all i can say is that its big :p:p:p

You might wanna try http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.eiresol.com and see what they have there.
    Thanks a lot man really appreciate it! Thanks very much!

Djddd1 wrote:
    Actually they where sent to me from maskia and I was asked so where is your site? I not trying to be a prick I just starting out plus I'm only 15 so it is a bit hard and I think that the standert of the site is good.

Eiresol starts here http://www.eiresol.com/0103/

If Maskia sent you those flicks then he took them from eiresol.com, the watermark is clearly visible in the flicks. Just because you are only fifteen is no excuse for a lame site.

And I still ask the question where is you site? How is the site lame? It is just after starting operation since the first of april and I have got 1315 hits. Only on grifts pictures in the RCS section and what are you complaining about? Did you even read the post on the forum from eiresol style (not eiresol.com)? They are allowing me to put them up and once I don't remove the eiresol.com logo.

Also if it was a dot com, You would be in a different opion towards the site. There is only a certain amount you can do with a site(free geocities account), before limitations are reached so I'm trying to get as much content on the site as possible first before worring about the Fecking coulor of the site.

I would also like to point out that the site is best viewed in high resoloution and will look poor like wise, It will also look poor if not view in Internet Explorer.

I'm not useing my age as an excuse towards any of the content on my site, All though the fact that I'm studying for my junior cert at the moment do'se not help. Also I'm reply to members questions and topics in the forum and managing the forum and keeping other sites going is very hard and I'm not going to be putting all my energy into one site because it is "Lame". (Even though I have been.)

Ok I'll take your points into consideration in the next update, So what exactly is the problem with the site? Firstly the Eiresol style photos will be gone by the next update. Also the fact that I'm limited to jpg format in Pictures, Buttons, Backgrounds and any form of Pixel activity on the site do'se not help the situation and I think the site is looking well considering this major problem.

Or is it because the site has got a lot of ads on it? If you have ever ruin a site you would understand these points and understand why the site is so "LAME". Also I would not go around telling people that there sites are lame unless you have a graff site or any type of site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

hey wats up has anyone seen or got any pics from all those new pieces out in ramp city....some of da pieces were cist eore and milk from germany...nice stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Djddd1 wrote:
    Also the fact that I'm limited to jpg format in Pictures, Buttons, Backgrounds and any form of Pixel activity on the site do'se not help the situation and I think the site is looking well considering this major problem.
    yeah, i mean, who uses jpegs these days?!?! :eek:

• Advertisement

carrotcake wrote:
    yeah, i mean, who uses jpegs these days?!?! :eek:

Geocities! Well it was etiher that or freewebs!

eore and milk from germany...nice stuff
    eh....that was me (milk)...and I'm from Dublin, not germany...thanks anyway...

EDIT... hahaha I just realised why you thought I was german, the 'Ich liebe apfel' written on the right, that was just me takin the piss...hahaha...

oh and the other pieces were Sena, Cist and 'Earz', not 'Eore'...lol...

You know Damo, And Colin?

does anyone know what the difference between paint marker flow-pens and paint marker pump-pens is? and how much is a can of alien paint in all-city?

Couldent tell you! Not into the markers. Aleins are 3euro in all city

how much are montana mega 600ml cans in all-city? does any1 know how to get into the irish section on bestburners? if you do send me a pm!

I think there 6euro and you have to get a member to vouch for you.

what members are already on it? how do you get them to vouch for you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

bestburners doesnt work

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement