Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

graffiti

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Djddd1

Not to sure! If you don't write you don't get in simple as that! What link are you useing? Gary www.bestburners.com does'nt work they have moved to www.eiresol.com/bb. If its Irish graffiti your interested in I would suggest my site/Forum actually not the site as everyone says it **** but the forum is pretty much up to date. Site www.burners.tk and forum www.itburns.tk i'll try and find out more for you on the hole vouching thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

Klimseven wrote:
    eh....that was me (milk)...and I'm from Dublin, not germany...thanks anyway...

EDIT... hahaha I just realised why you thought I was german, the 'Ich liebe apfel' written on the right, that was just me takin the piss...hahaha...
    thats a nice piece walked in on friday and all da new pieces stuck out completly...nice stuff keep up the good work...wat kru u in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

smois wrote:
    thats a nice piece walked in on friday and all da new pieces stuck out completly...nice stuff keep up the good work...wat kru u in

0_o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 slob

ok thanks dude!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,001 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Just came into this thread late. Very interesting.

If you want to see some proper graf then come to the Bridge jam. As FX Meister said, its a proper event with music, graf and a kick ass BBQ hosted by yours truly (reasonable prices and very little food poisoning).

There is a book being worked on at the moment which will cover the history of Grafitti in Ireland. I don't know when it will be out (fx meister?) but it will be the conclusive account from someone who has been involved in almost every aspect for almost 15 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Very enterprising of you Doctor. Providing a much needed service and making a few bucks. I've heard a bit about the book, I'm not having anything to do with it though. I've been told myself and another dude will be approached for flicks and stuff when the time comes but I doubt we will have anything to do with it. I've heard the book's authors recount history with them in the centre and only giving their version before so I don't really want to be part of it.

Thats understandable. As we all know, there was so much politics with graf back in the day. Hopefully the book will come about though, as it would be nice to have a bit of recognition for all those years of running down those fking tracks.

Yeah, the BBQ is great - special discounts for those who are painting the main walls. Hopefully we will get a nice weekend for it as usual. And not have to sleep rough again. Man, that was cold.

is there any other events like the drogheda bridge jam?

Smith field jam. Great!!

You're a couple of years too late for that one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

maybe there should be a seperate section in arts for graffiti there seems to be alot of intrest.........just a suggestion

NO. It's confined to this thread and at that it shouldn't even be on this forum.

A couple of years ago when it was incredibly popular maybe but now I think its fits in here nicely.

has graffiti become less popular in recent years or something? what are the consequences for getting caught doing graffiti in Ireland?

Under 18 J.L.O
    If over 18. You get your certain privilages takin away from you like:
    You will not be alowed go to U.S.A and Austrlia and most major Cities. You will find it hard to get a Passport and stuff like that.

I actually think graffiti is very popular at the moment and at a great high. I would just say it is the sand blasters doing the dirty work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

^^^that's only if you get a criminal record. On a first offense you won't get a record unless you're Grift or some $hit. You'll probably get the probation act for a set ammount of time...and if you get caught doing anything during that period of time, you get a record. If you don't, it gets stricken from your record (afaik). Plus, even if you do have a record, you won't have a problem going to countries in the EU, if you're an EU citizen...cos you don't need a visa.

Just be thankful you don't live in the US, where graffiti is a felony in most states (i.e. guaranteed jail time) and in some areas (e.g. Chicago) it's illegal to even be IN POSSESSION of spray paint. I've heard aswell that the maximum sentence for graffiti (10 years) in some places is worse than the maximum sentence for rape. F uckers need to sort out their priorities...

Yeah, Graf was huge about 5 years ago - every kid was doing it. Now its a hardcore minority. The way it is now is pretty cool because the guys still doing it are actually good. Back in the day space was at a huge premium at any organised events.

Klim you are right and my post is all correct it just I was too lazy to posted that. But if you are undr 18 mark my words YOU WILL GET A J.L.O

Oh no. JLO's are a f ucking joke...

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,330 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Whazza JLO?

Graffiti is just pure vandalism. I don't want to sound like an old fart, but would you like to live in an area where every available space is covered in spray paint? Some of these guys are immensely talented, but that doesn't mean I have to like what they do when the tax I pay is spent cleaning off what they've left behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

zaph wrote:
    Whazza JLO?

Graffiti is just pure vandalism. I don't want to sound like an old fart, but would you like to live in an area where every available space is covered in spray paint? Some of these guys are immensely talented, but that doesn't mean I have to like what they do when the tax I pay is spent cleaning off what they've left behind.
    There's art, there's those that are trying to make a point (politics/IRA/etc), and there's the teenagers who do it cos its vandalism.

For those doing it for the art, they usually do it in a noticable spot (and hard to get to), whereas those who want to make a point to it on certain buildings. Those who do so to vandelise, do it anywhere.

does JLO stand for Juvenille Liason Officer? what do they do? does anyone else have the problem that when you're spraying and don't use that cap for a couple of minutes and then go back to it it's all blocked up?

When you are finished, turn the can upside down and spray until no more paint comes out then it wont get stuffed up. Or pull the cap off and blow through it when you are finished.

but would you like to live in an area where every available space is covered in spray paint?
    that's my dream.

F uck that, I'm just putting my name up trying to make a mark among the ocean of logos and billboards and brands on every imaginable surface...I don't have to live by your standards, people should naturally affect they environment they live in...in my opinion. And it's not me whose wasting your precious tax money (which I also pay), it's those cleaning it off public property, it's them who choose to clean it...me painting doesn't cost you a penny.

slob wrote:
    does JLO stand for Juvenille Liason Officer? what do they do? does anyone else have the problem that when you're spraying and don't use that cap for a couple of minutes and then go back to it it's all blocked up?

Checks on you to make sure your not up to no good. I would suggest Montana cleaning solvet it is only a 5euro and well worth it or just buy a bag of mixed caps for 10euro with a 100 caps. And never BLOW through the CAP!. Extremly Dangrous if your doing somthing on the tracks.

Slob also Read: http://www.ladz.kazorum.com/ladz-post-274.html

How is it dangerous Djdd1? Not doubting it, just haven't heard that before.

Although my info is all from back in the day when CarPlan was still being used and Montana was only a soon to be realised dream.

How is it dangerous Djdd1? Not doubting it, just haven't heard that before.

Although my info is all from back in the day when CarPlan was still being used and Montana was only a soon to be realised dream.

I have heard storys of people being killed on the subway line in america and railway line, As they inhale very toxic fumes whick cause they (If they/You have a medical history) to have seizures and fath. And then these people 1. In subways fall into the live side rail/Ge hit by a train. 2.On the line they get a smack of a train. Just saying it has happen before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

on eiresol i see a guy called Astek, he has alot of stuff on deviantart.com.. if its the same guy. I nevr knew he was an irish boy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

ok can we have a show of hands to see how many people do grafitti on walls or paper or what ever ! ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I somehow doubt drawing on paper counts as graffitti.
    I think it counts as drawing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement