Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

graffiti

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

What does ICN mean?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

Who's tagging it allll around dublin and why? one person? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Djddd1

It is a spainish word ICN - Incognitos
    Grift
    Drop
    Anish
    Am-Pm.

Alot of people tag around the city so it is quite a few I suggest you read some of the topics on my site or bb.

Image172.jpg
    Image173.jpg
    Image174.jpg
    Image175.jpg
    Image176.jpg
    Image177.jpg
    Image179.jpg
    Image064.jpg
    Image063.jpg
    Image050.jpg
    Image065.jpg
    Image067.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nitekrime

U JUST ****ED UP THIS THREAD.......... :mad: YOU EITHER HAVE NO IDEA OF THE IRISH GRAFF SCENE OR U SUCK AT PHOTOGRAPHY.. :confused:

DONT GET ME WRONG IRISH GRAFF IS FRESH RIGHT NOW BUT THOSE PHOTOS DONT DO IT JUSTICE....

THERE'S NO POINT IN POSTIN CHROME THROW UPS ON THE INTERWEB....THEY HAVE NO APPEAL TO ANYONE THAT DOESNT WRITE AND THIS FORUM ISNT EXACTLY FLOWIN WITH GRAFFITI ARTISTS........

GET A BIT OF COLOUR UP AND SHOW THE IRISH GRAFF AT ITS FINEST, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER ITS BOMBIN OR LEGAL :cool:

• Advertisement

The thread was dieing and all peoples questions were answer and for your information them photos were taking with a 3200 plus I suck at photography and what is with the block capitals? 1 post and your 3rd word is a ****? One mintue your telling me to not show photos and then at the end you tell me to show photos 0_o. And the Irish scene is ok at the mo. BTW they are just photos relax. I got better ones and was going to show them but why should I? Let the thread go its over.....

Also its hard to take photos when a Dart is coming towards you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭How U Like That

hey this thread isn't over! it's been going for about 7 months now and you just have to wait until a few more people view it and then people will ask more questions and it will be up and running again, better than ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭billstraighten

who the **** is grift coz he just done some work in my park it looks great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nitekrime

What Park

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

who the **** is grift coz he just done some work in my park it looks great
    He's actually Marty Whealen from RTÉ. He's been looking for something cool and edgy to do since he started that new day time granny show, Open House or some bollocks

He has even turn grey since he realized the Garda where after him! And Drop is Ann Doyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭CaptSolo

An article on Galway Advertiser: "Council must crack down on graffiti 'hooligans' says O'Flaherty"

Looks like they want to "put graffiti in a box" or, in other words, have a nice place for some selected 'good' artists to put their pieces and to crack down on all the others.

I wonder if a decent graffiti artist would be even proud to be on the official 'good' list and how far these 'official' graffiti pieces will be from the real thing. There is already at least one official place with graffitis but some of those framed things look more like paintings than graffiti.
    Last week ESB workers gave a fresh coat of paint to the ESB Substation beside the recently refurbished Walter Macken Flats in Mervue. The substation was painted in beige and cream, the same colour as the flats. However on Tuesday Cllr O'Flaherty was informed that the substation was covered in graffiti. "The paint was hardly dry on the substation before it was covered with graffiti," she told the Galway Advertiser. "I think it's outrageous what these hooligans have done."

Poor them. Having that substation in beige and cream must have been really important to the city. Do they want to control all forms of art?

Painting the walls in cream is just asking for them to be painted in fairness, Also people don't relise when they paint a wall in grey it is the perfect color for bomb, Throw or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭cecilwinthorpe

The Kilmacud luas stop has some really good pieces that have been framed and put up. Ones in the shape of an arrow pointing to the stairs. I like them

I have pictures of them some where on my forum if you want to see them.

I have just lauched a new graffiti site and hope to have a camera and a nice templete by the end of the summer. www.bombdublin.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 thayer-p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

well first of all u shudn be sayin were u think he's frm....second of all he's everywere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭zinc

Well I have always loved graffiti, and did a little writing locally myself but I never got involved in the scene so I never developed.

However lately having finished college I've been thinking of getting some kind of coverage for these people, maybe an interview for a mag Ive to submit an artilce for so if any writers want to give me an interview via e-mail let me know by pming me.

I may even go along to the Bridge Jam this year although I would feel odd considering I know none of them and Im not a writer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

I'm fascinated by the graffiti I see around Dublin and have been taking photos of it etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaqian/search/text:graffiti/

BTW there is stuff in there by UE/UEK. Does anyone know what UEK35 (I know what UEK means but the not sure about the numbers) and UEK99 signify.

Feel free to use any of the photos that you like just credit me with taking them.

Jaqian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kirkstyles

is there anyone in celbridge that does graff!!!cgc!!!kirk!!!!!

jaqian wrote:
    BTW there is stuff in there by UE/UEK. Does anyone know what UEK35 (I know what UEK means but the not sure about the numbers) and UEK99 signify.
    The guy who writes UEK 99 has an ice cream van. It's his way of marking his territory and means other ice cream vans can't do business there.
    The guy who writes UEK35 was writing it to celebrate the number of days he was doing graffiti when it lead him to being born again as a christian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭zinc

FX Meister wrote:
    The guy who writes UEK 99 has an ice cream van. It's his way of marking his territory and means other ice cream vans can't do business there.
    The guy who writes UEK35 was writing it to celebrate the number of days he was doing graffiti when it lead him to being born again as a christian.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nighttimebandit

We need to start this post up again ive been reading it and its brilliant klim how long have u been writing i love your stuff and rfa are an animal cru

No we don't. Can we get this locked please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

1st off, they are crap graffiti artists - Check Banksy if you want a proper one.

Secondly and most importantly...This thread is over a year old...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

This is photography thread, can we lock this ****e please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

indeed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement