Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom D/l Limits!!!

• 08-11-2004 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

does anyone know where one can check how much one has downloaded and how much one might have left....!

SHA ZAMM!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

Eircom Technical Support Page

Enter the information you use to connect to the service under "Your broadband stats" , nevermind "Telephone number" and "Account number" I just enter my log in name and the password that I got when I recieved my broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭voakesy

well im only on the 2 month trial mate so ive no username/password
    i know ive seen a thred on this before but when you search for "eircom download limit" it cant search for it.
    any know where i can get this????

just googled it n found a thread bizmark posted

http://dslstats.eircom.net/

sorry.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

That's what he linked you to, wasn't it? just not so directly..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

im still very interested in hearing from someone that has been charged by eircom for breaking the cap
    afaik they still dont charge
    and only utv charge people for breaking caps
    has anyone got their bill yet this month after breaking the cap?
    i broke it by a small ammount, ill let you guys know if i was charged when i get my bill

• Advertisement

mines a couple a gigs over (3 n a half!!, n still a week left) cant wait for the bill! they can stick it up there ring!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

voakesy wrote:
    mines a couple a gigs over (3 n a half!!, n still a week left) cant wait for the bill! they can stick it up there ring!
    tbh with you, i hope you get charged.

now i hate caps as much as the next person but you agreed to their terms and conditions so you're legally abinding to pay them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

<RANT>
    Can we please put a stop the "I hate caps" type of threads on this board, listen people Cremo is right you all agreed to T&C's of the DSL service if you don't like it don't agree, if you want a uncapped service then be prepared to pay for it!

If people did'ent go with IOL's, Esats, UTV's capped services because of the caps maybe the providers would think "Hmm these caps are really loosing us customers, maybe we should get rid of them or allow more per month" but instead eveybody seem to sign up and bitch and moan about the caps.
    hmm makes sense to me
    </RANT>

:)

i second that, your right caball i f***in hate d/l caps aswell!! lol

ok i got my bill and i would like to confirm that eircom still don't charge for breaking the cap
    so happy downloading :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Yeh i still have never been charged, got last bill a few days ago.

What i'm concerned about is if they decide to backcharge, what a mess that would be :confused:

Guess we have to wait and see, i can see some big bills around the country if this happens

WellyJ

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭MrPunch

I'm a bit dubious currently about eircom's broadband stats page.

I'm running Bandwidth monitor on my machine, and it shows my downloads so far this month to be 4200Mb (on the 512/128 8Gig package btw), but their stats page shows me to have already chewed up 5150Mb.

Now I've been suspicious before of downloads being carried over from previous months, so I made sure to reset everything near the end of last month and double check the stats at the start of November. This is all definitely from this month, and I really doubt I've had 1 gigabyte worth of ping traffic (or somesuch) only going to and from my router - (DG814 btw)

:mad:
    john

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

WellyJ wrote:
    Yeh i still have never been charged, got last bill a few days ago.

What i'm concerned about is if they decide to backcharge, what a mess that would be :confused:

WellyJ

To be honest, I don't think Eircom will backcharge for previous months, but wouldn't I laugh if I saw on boards they actually did. I can't wait for all the leeches to receive huge bills from eircom one month. :p

Adey2002 wrote:
    To be honest, I don't think Eircom will backcharge for previous months, but wouldn't I laugh if I saw on boards they actually did. I can't wait for all the leeches to receive huge bills from eircom one month. :p

why? eircoms network has alot of capacity and people who download alot do not affect other people

Advertisement