Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB at it again.

Options
  • 08-11-2004 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

Well it seems they are not content with all the millions they have screwed out of people already. After returning home from a trip around Europe I found 200 Hungarian Forint in my wallet. After being through quite a few countries I couldn't remember what the exchange rate was for this currency. I brought it to my branch of the AIB to change it. I was told that it would have to be sent away and the amount would be lodged to my account. That was on the first of October and today it still hadn't been lodged. So I went in to the bank this afternoon to enquire about it. I was told it was only worth about 73 cent so they hadn't bothered to lodge it to my account. I was then asked if I wanted to have 70 cent lodged to my account. I couldn't believe they way they treated the situation, I know it's only 70 cent but surely a bank shouldn't deal like this. The manager wasn't there at the time so I could not speak to him and have to call tomorrow. I've already been thinking about switching to Permanent TSB due to the huge fees I pay annually and now I think they have made my mind up for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Sounds fairly Shabby alright. Do they not have a minimum charge for FX, which would probably outweigh the benefit?. I am thinking it's about Eur1.50 or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

They dont charge the transaction fee if your a student.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

usually the transaction fee is a percentage. But the point is how many people do they do this too? They didn't return the money to me and they hardly dump it in the bin themselves. It all adds up at the end of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

complain to IFSRA about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Who are there and where can I do that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

FX Meister wrote:
    Who are there and where can I do that.
    www.itsyourmoney.ie
    They regulate the banks. Im sure a complaint to them will put the wind up them.

Advertisement