Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheel Of Time

Options
  • 08-10-2000 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

anyone who has read this will be excited by the fact that the 9th book in the series is due out in 4 weeks time
    now, doesnt that make you want to get hard and have a wa...
    anyway, just thought id tell you
    annoys me though coz ive just started re reading it and im on book 3. i dont think i will get to finish book 8 in time frown.gif
    ahh, well, ive read em before, maybe i'll just start on book 4. thats where it gets exciting anyway!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

ah there's Eamo with his six-monthly post on 'where is the next installment of Wheel of Time then, eh?' smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

lol

well, someone has to keep the ball (wheel?) rolling...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Someday, maybe, just maybe, a bookshop will actually have the first volume of this and I'll buy it on impulse. Until then I'll keep wandering into the WH Smiths at railway stations, looking at some random volume between 2 and 7, and going "I should probably read that sometime". smile.gif

(And yes, I know I could get it from Amazon, but I don't really care enough; I'll buy it if I see it and I fancy a read :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

You can get the preview at http://www.Glassbook.com "Snow". It seems pretty much the same as the last 2, ie. space filler material. Full of stormy eyed women staring each other down etc. (It's getting as bad as Gemmel's "Hawk Nosed" and "Hatchet Faced" men)
    Don't get me wrong, I love the series, but I just get the feeling he's killing time at the moment (Time , get it...I marvel me sometimes... smile.gif...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

lol shinji - my thoughts exactly smile.gif
    bookshops have volumes 6 - 8, and libraries have 4 and 5. i'd love to find the first few somewhere...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Hey thats weird, 3 years ago all I could see was editions 1 - 4, and I couldn't find 5 - 9 anywhere. Its amazing how times change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Originally posted by Illkillya:
    lol shinji - my thoughts exactly smile.gif
    bookshops have volumes 6 - 8, and libraries have 4 and 5. i'd love to find the first few somewhere...
    EH? Not that I was looking for it cause i read the first 3 in the series and found it, predictable, longwinded, and basically quite boring but you can get the start of this series in most big book retailers like Hodges and Figgis on Dawson Street. Saw the 1st in the series there just last tuesday when I picked up a copy of Ender's Shadow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Originally posted by Chubby:
    you can get the start of this series in most big book retailers like Hodges and Figgis on Dawson Street.

Hodges? Figgis? speak english led. although i have heard of dawson street from the Irish Street names monopoly version...
    anyway, waterstones/connolly's/vibes and scribes etc., no book frown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

/me thinks . o O (bloody cultchies)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

I read one through seven .. or maybe 1 through eight .. i'm on the path of daggers or something .. anyways .. I read about 50 pages of the latest one and stopped ...

I'll probably buy the latest one just to have the full set .. but i doubt i'll get around to reading them till i'm 70 or so.

[This message has been edited by Jak (edited 19-10-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I too am looking forward to the latest installement of the wheel of time, i have read them all about 3 times,though i was dissapointed with book 8 ,"the path of daggers" as it never reached any worthwhile conclusions , hopefully the next book will be much better,
    whats it to be called by the way?

Advertisement