Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Multi Room

• 09-11-2004 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Some advice please .
    I presently have a SKY sub with everything except sports .
    I also have a second Digibox complete with second dish .
    The plan was to get the second sub for €15 a month ,kids happy ,wife happy ,everybody happy. Called sky and asked could I just have the card sent out as I had all the gear . SKY reply ...as I would be using two dishes I would be charged full sub (€50 odd) for both. I would have to have it running off the one dish as "we only send down one signal" . ????
    I didn't argue the point with the girl as I wanted to get some info on it first .
    Can anyone shed some light on this one ,what's the differance between two dishes and one with a quad lnb .I understand the fact that one of the stipulations is that both boxes be connected to the same phone line but the dish thing has me baffled . :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Macy

I'm definitely no expert, but can't see how they'd know. Just don't tell them it's a second dish...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

He/She is an idiot basically, ring again and tell them you have a quad (if they ask) As long as both boxes are connected to the same phone line/number you should have no problem.

Good luck

Highway61 wrote:
    Some advice please .
    I presently have a SKY sub with everything except sports .
    I also have a second Digibox complete with second dish .
    The plan was to get the second sub for €15 a month ,kids happy ,wife happy ,everybody happy. Called sky and asked could I just have the card sent out as I had all the gear . SKY reply ...as I would be using two dishes I would be charged full sub (€50 odd) for both. I would have to have it running off the one dish as "we only send down one signal" . ????
    I didn't argue the point with the girl as I wanted to get some info on it first .
    Can anyone shed some light on this one ,what's the differance between two dishes and one with a quad lnb .I understand the fact that one of the stipulations is that both boxes be connected to the same phone line but the dish thing has me baffled . :eek:

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Highway61

Thanks Guys....Once more into the breech. I'll let you know if I get any more words of wisdom from Scotland :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Was gonna ask about Multi-Room, so i wont start a new one (you look to be sorted anyway...).

Basically i have a full subscription with Sky, i have a spare digibox and want to get it working in my bedroom...will they just hook up the spare digibox i have? and how much is the standard fee?

Advertisement