Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get pay rise?

• 09-11-2004 2:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

What do you guys advise?
    Should it be done informally, or should I make an appointment?
    Experiences people, do's and dont's would be appreciated as I've never done it before!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

what kind of a company are you working for? is it formal or informal? do you generally have to make appointment to see manager if requesting time off etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭canavanbn@hotma

It's informal but fairly regular work for two or three years.
    To be honest I have little contact with boss, boss...she knows who I am...I generally deal with her deputy when requesting time off.
    It's a busy shop, and she ain't in her office all the time.
    A busy shop floor ain't the best place to start looking for a raise, you know... But I have to go through the woman at the top!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

well, how about you have a quiet word with the deputy, say you need to meet up with boss for a chat.. you've been there for few years so deserve a raise. (that is once you've been a reliable employee ;) ) yeah.. arrange to meet for a chat, and not an appointment.. make it less formal..

best of luck with it anyway, anytime I've had to ask for a raise I've dreaded it.. but looking back I mean why shouldn't we ask! if you don't ask you won't receive. :D

Advertisement