Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omaha Tournament Tonight

Options
  • 09-11-2004 4:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭

Its 25+3 buyin starting with 3000 chips at 7pm.
    There will be one rebuy at the end of the rebuy period anyone that hasnt rebought can topup to the starting 3000 chips

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

Sweet. Should be in as long as this place doesn't keep me here overtime! Hopefully a big turnout in support...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

So just to be clear, if you have 3025 chips at the break, you cant top up or rebuy. If you have 2975 chips you can (insanely) spend €25 to top up to 3000 in total and if you have rebought already during the rebuy period, thats your lot?

I like that structure, gives you a rebuy without the tournie automatically costing twice as much.

Looking forward to it!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Spiritus

I'm interested but probably wont be able to get there before 7pm. What time does registration for late entries end?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

DeVore wrote:
    So just to be clear, if you have 3025 chips at the break, you cant top up or rebuy. If you have 2975 chips you can (insanely) spend €25 to top up to 3000 in total and if you have rebought already during the rebuy period, thats your lot?

I think there might be one or two all ins on the last hand or two before the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

I think there might be one or two all ins on the last hand or two before the break.

Thank God for Deep Stacked Pot Limit then eh?

• Advertisement

Very enoyable tournament I felt, despite being first person out post freezeout. On the very first hand! Made a dodgy call on a flush draw to knock myself out, think I'd fallen in love with my starting hand of AsKs Qc10c. Spade flush draw. Gondies!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Who won?

My bro Steven and JP did a split I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

That was your brother Dirkey? He played a blinder, hitting quads when I'd fill a boat and the like. I didnt want to do a deal heads up but after half an hour of play we were still level so we chopped it up. Didn't finish up till 11.30, not bad considering there was only 20 in it. Finally a tournament that truley was all about the omaha :D

Yup, that's ma bro. I know he's slightly uglier, but the resemblance is there. He was saying alright that he fancied a pint when 11 came around but that you fancied the heads up! How bad, if half hour later there's still nothign to separate ye a chop chop is probably the best option! (I know whoever was dealing probably appreciated it!!)

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

That was fun! It was like playing Hold'em for the first time again!

I made some good calls and some slightly dodgy calls (I'm never trying to bluff someone with the nuts, ever again...).

I was playing a freezeout from the second hand, having managed to get all my chips in and lose on the first hand! After that it was up up up until I hit a brick wall when we were 5-handed and ended up on the bubble... disgraceful considering the stack I had at one point but I'm happy enough as I got a bubble-tournie entry and won the 50 quid for the tournie playing blackjack waiting for people to show up!

Very enjoyable tournie! Thanks Oscar.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

Great little tournie it was, I really enjoyed it. I hope it becomes a regular Tuesday night thing, looking forward trying to get my head around this game! Well done JP and Stephen and thanks Oscar

PS: was that you DeV dealing when we went upstairs first?

I was dealing upstairs until Oscar kindly knocked himself out against my 4-outer hand! I was dealing for most of the time on Table 1 downstairs as well...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

cool, i think i'm beginning to put a few faces to some names! you did pretty damm well then from hand no 2!

yeah, from hand 2 onwards I played well right up until I got to 5-handed when I lost the run of myself when I had a monster stack. I got a bit of luck against Oscar and Marq (who didnt have enough to put me off and I drew out on him).

Still I got a freeroll in last night thanks to Blackjack and now I have a freeroll in the bubble tournie, which at least is a game I vaguely know!

DeV.

Advertisement