Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for the moms

Options
  • 09-11-2004 5:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

A friend of mine recently had her first baby. I would like to get her a present that's not baby related but for her.

Do any of the Mom's have suggestions as to what you would have liked?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

Thats a lovely idea :) . I think you can't go wrong with a voucher for a beauty salon. She will be obviously tired and drained the first few weeks and for her to have an afternoon of pampering will be total bliss. She can use the voucher for maybe a massage (Indian Head Massages are supposed to be great), a facial, get her nails done, eyebrows, legs and bikini line waxed. My aunt got the works recently for her birthday - the voucher was a present from her son and she said it was the best present ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Shilo

The salon/spa idea is great but also, how about just saying that the two of you will go out for lunch or whatever when she feels she's ready? When I had my first, I kind of forgot what it was like to spend time just with friends for a while afterwards! Or how about offering to babysit (if you live close enough to her) for a few hours if she wants to go off for a mooch about without having to worry about bottles, nappies etc?! I suppose it also depends on how much you want to spend. Sometimes, time and company can be the best present though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

if friend has patner offer to mind child while they go for a meal for some quality tme
    if no partner then ask another friend to babysit and you take her out for some time

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

Thanks for the ideas.

The babysitting one is a tad difficult as I live in Longford and she's in Dublin.
    So taking the beauty salon suggestion I bought her a Shiatsu massager.
    I thought she might need a stress reliever more than once :D as she's heading back to work in January.

Advertisement