Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bret Easton Ellis

Options
  • 25-10-2000 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭

Anyone out there read any of his stuff?
    I've read American Psycho ages ago, and I really enjoyed it...
    It is weird, cos sometimes it's actually like a chore to read,(one bit that about 10 pages about Phil Collins, another bit thats 4 pages on Whitney Houston, probably 30% of the book is about clothes...)
    Anyway, if you do read through all these bits, it puts you in a different frame of mind, and then when the interesting bits start, it really has a more profound effect on you.
    Anyway, I loved American Psycho as I am a sick *******, and I could really appreciate the killing scenes (which are extremely graphic).
    So, anyone else read any of his stuff, is it more of the same, or better, or worse?

Oh, and I haven't really seen American Psycho the film, well, i watched it, but i was getting drunk, so i wasn't paying attention.
    But anyway, it's a big disappointment if you're looking for some of the gore scenes...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Yeah I'm reading it at the moment. It's taking me ages tho' as it's not really light reading and other books keep stealing my attention.
    Lees than zero was him I think and it was pretty good but its years since I read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Mik Hammy

Glamourama is even harder to read. it's ALL about clothes and labels.

About 10 times harder to read than Psycho. No plot really either.

We've got to work together, C'mon!
    IP and GI

Advertisement