Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SE K500i or K700i, where to buy?

Options
  • 09-11-2004 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at getting either of those sony ericsson phone, depending on the price of course.
    I had a look at this Tread cheapest i could find K700i was about €300 and K500i just over €200, is this about as cheap as they come?
    Is there anyway you can get either as a bill phone but not sign up for the contract and unlock the phone?
    Has anyone used either? What are they like, reviews are quite good for either.

Jozi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Is there anyway you can get either as a bill phone but not sign up for the contract and unlock the phone?

??? if there was everyone would be doin it,

cheapest u can get the k700i is from www.mobilerepair.de

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Cheers for the reply getting closer to what i might pay, pity they dont do the K500i.
    And if you miss Bluetooth, more memory or Radio FM in the K500... then you have the K700
    Thats a quote from here
    Is that really the only difference feature wise?
    Dont think i need Bluetooth and i have mp3 player with radio, compared to my nokia 7210 is 12mb memory much?

Jozi

There's 1 or 2 little differences between the F500 and K500 as i found out here.
    I like the look of the K500i more than the F500i, and i dont want a phone with all the vodafone crap on it tbh.

Jozi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Checked with them and it IS definitely branded.
    Said that only the Vodafone version is available to him over there

would the k700i come down after xmass would you think, or how long till it does? Really like it but might settle for the k500i, not vodafone branded.
    Read a few reviews and they said it was kinda like a downgraded k700i.

Jozi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

jozi wrote:
    would the k700i come down after xmass would you think
    Going on the t630 I wouldnt be at all surprised!
    Did ya see the price of them now on O2???
    And thats even including credit

O2 link

Yeah i did when i was in dublin at the weekend.
    Looks nice in black that fone
    Jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

i see the k700i is now on o2 bill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Am I going mad or did I see the K700i for 199€ on Meteor pay as you go?

XCRichard wrote:
    Am I going mad or did I see the K700i for 199€ on Meteor pay as you go?
    Either that or im blind, couldn't see it on the meteor site anyway.

Jozi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

I spotted it wasn't on the Meteor site. I saw it in a 3G store last friday. Didn't believe my eyes at first but I remember reading it a few times to be sure. It was just a printed A4 sheet so who knows, maybe the staff screwed up but it definitely said pay as you go 199€.
    I had to rush to catch a bus so I'd no time to enquire. Sadly I won't be in Cork city any time soon so hopefully someone may check it out.

Where can i get a K500i unlocked and the software branding removed (if its on the phone)?
    As the phone is now €200 with meteor but i dont want to change to them.
    http://www.meteor.ie/makethemove/se_k500i.html

Jozi

Advertisement