Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sky card +foreign channels.

• 09-11-2004 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

New to all this, but have learnt a bit from the message boards.

About to buy a sky freesat card on e-bay. do i just simply replace main card with the FTV card when i want to view itv , ch4. is it as simple as that. phone line must be always plugged out i presume, during this. sounds too easy, why are they not included on main card anyway?

Also on another note a friend from germany wants to get german channels. is it possible to get them thru a sky sat box using other channels? there are some astra german channels, i'm told. since sky uses astra i would have thought we could get the german channels from it or must the satellite dish be adjusted or something?

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Yes, it's that simple. Tuning to a non-sub channel like 501 makes it quicker.

afaik, no German channels are available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭sergeant121

aggu10 wrote:
    Also on another note a friend from germany wants to get german channels. is it possible to get them thru a sky sat box using other channels? there are some astra german channels, i'm told. since sky uses astra i would have thought we could get the german channels from it or must the satellite dish be adjusted or something?

Cheers and thanks in advance.
    You are mistaking the Astra 1 cluster of satellites at 19.2ºE (on which there are numerous German channels) with the Astra 2/Eurobird 1 cluster at 28.2ºE (from which BSkyB broadcasts). A UK dish is pointing at the latter.

I would not recommend DIY realigment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭kramlq

On 28e, DW-TV has german news/documentary progs 1/2 the time. Similar content & style to BBC World. Euronews, WineTV broadcast with a german soundtrack in addition to english. Thats about it unless you get a dish pointed to 19e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

DW-TV also needs a subscription on Sky

its FREE when the dish is pointed at Astra 1 along with loads more free German channels

Advertisement