Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reason??

• 09-11-2004 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,
    Does anybody here know how to use Reason from Proppellerheads? I got the latest version along with the M Audio Ozone midi controller and finding it very difficult to get dtarted. I thought it would be straight forward enough, but the user manuels are crap. Anyone :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

It's a huge program so I found the best way to get into it is piece by piece - ie, play some of the sample songs which come with it and just isolate ReDrum for example, just mess about with it and try and understand it, then do the same for Dr Rex, Subtractor, etc

Just be patient with it. If you can understand what the individual parts do, then understanding the whole is a lot easier.

There is a reason tutorial file out there somewhere... goes through it fairly well, tis hard to find though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

I know how redrum work, and i can get funny sounds out of the other bits. Buts thats about it. I always had huge latency issues when using it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Where did you people get this program may i ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

reasons easy to use, just play around with it for a while and youll be laughing

youll need the instructions tho to get your head around switching from sqeuencer to arrange pages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

feck manuals, I'm going the whole trial and error path

• Advertisement

some things youre not gonna find out throught trial and error

youll either need someone to tell you, or read it in the manual

manuals are great for simple reference guides. look up what you wanna do in the glossary, go to the page, find out how to do it, close manual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Pulse do courses on Reason, might be worth checking out if you want to get the most out of it

http://www.pulserecording.com/college/news.asp

pulse are brutal

avoid at all costs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

I found I got on much better after printing out the online tutorial stuff rather than alt-tabbing all the time. Reason is a bitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

It can be a lot to get your head round in the beginning, but in the end, all that complexity means more control and more creative possibilities!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

Also advsied to check out reason station, its a great resource for tutorials / track downloads (in .RNS format) and general help.

Its invaluable to see how other people get a desired effect, theres a huuuuuuggeeee, amount of reason files up there that you can download and de-constuct.... great if your more of a "watch-and-learn" then a "read-and-do" person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

I love how noone replyed in anyway as to where they got their copy of reason?

that wasnt the question tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

Nobody pays for their music software but im sure if someone started making money from the software they are using they would pay then.

Amazon have a couple of OK to good Reason books.

Also I have a copy of The Reason Tutorial available from propellerheads website lying around someware.

Advertisement