Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft Open Beta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mistmyr

Ok i just created the Beta account and everything seems ok

Now i just need the damn client to finish Down loading :)

51% sofar with aprox 3 hours to go :)

Anyone else in yet ?? whats it like ??

I played AC 1 and Horizons for a few years so im hoping that WoW will b my new home :)

Cya all ingame Misty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

Played it for 1,5hours now I think.

First impressions, it looks good.
    It's easy to get into, quests are right there to be picked up (done 5 or so now).
    You start off in an area with the same race as yourself, and there are no hard enemies around.. im guessing you need to run for a little while to get harder stuff...

Lots of new people joining every minute (apperantly they have 3 000 000 people online right now), so already I am getting tired of the n00b questions :) ... ah well, might be better when it isn't free anymore...

I need to play the game a little bit longer before I know how it will be in the long run. Right now, there is no social aspect, but thats most probably because I am in the starting place... and everyone is just running around alone doing quests.
    Servers are a little laggy, but to be honest, they are handling the load quite well.. thought i'd be a lot worse.

As I said, so far I think its an excellent game!!
    What I'd like to find out and try out is 1) is there any transportation system (I really hope there is an alternative to running) and 2) how will it be when you need to group up for the harder monsters...

Anyways, the 1,5hours I've played so far has already made the DL worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

you can get mounts to help you travel faster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

I went in as a human warlock muffen, there is a horse right next to the temple where you join the game...

Have to say i like the intro to the world where you can see all the other players running about

n1ck: i will burn you a copy if ya want, but i can only meet in city center at 9am and 6pm i dropped a copy off to Shazbot this morning.. i can meet you tomorrow morning ( Thursday ) if ya want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

Good thing they have mounts, was worried the SWG issue would be repeated (sometimes you needed to run for like an hour to get anywhere).

Game surely looks good, doesn't it? :)

• Advertisement

anyone planning on been online tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Everyone? :P I nipped home at lunch to kick off the install, so I should be good to go at 6pm.

I like the pets that go with the collectors edition http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/news/images/04-11/pets.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mistmyr

Ok just been playing for the past 2 hours :)

Sofar i like it :)

Iv not much really just killing and quests and some basic exploring but i do like what iv seen sofar...

I have 2 say i like their simple login system :) after the messy zone system with AC and the web based trash that Horizons used ..

Anyway food and then ill go play some more lata

cya ingame guuys :)

Misty

Does it matter what server you play on? im on 19 in Eastern TIme... can we still see each other?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Fecking Blizzard, wont give out anymore keys :(

• Advertisement

yea they closed the beta...
    also looks like the servers will be down form 6pm-9pm today GMT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Would yo be able to burn me a copy git ? They might give out more keys in a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

After playing it there for about an hour, or maybe just a bit more, seems good so far. Im currently level 5 as a tauren warrior on the eastern time #2 server (think its 2.....), after level 3 I just went questing and XP from them seems pretty damn impressive, and the rewards are all useful too, however even early on Im finding myself just looking at the reward and how many mobs I need to kill and just going out and hunting them, nothing exactly taxing. Im liking the ability system though, even as a low level warrior I have a nice collection of spells and abilities, which is something tanks seem to lack in most mmorpg's (DaoC is the prime culprit here). Im really liking the Rage system though, means you can keep using special attacks throughout a melee, but not chain them for the first 10 attacks and then run out, which is a really nice system. The HUD is also nicely laid out, doesnt take up much of the screen and shows everything you need all laid out in an effective way.

Overall the game feels very much like an updated DaoC, with the similar combat and quest system, its near impossable to not be reminded of DaoC, however the graphics are superb, the classes seem a lot more varied, and the world is beutiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

tusky i have a copy that lazygit gave me. i dont need it any more so i could give it to u during the week

Shazbot wrote:
    tusky i have a copy that lazygit gave me. i dont need it any more so i could give it to u during the week

Great cheers , could you meet up in town tomorrow ? Im free from 10:30-1:30

i meeting up with another boards member at 2 , so yea i could meet u tomorrow . lets say outside easons at 1:30

Shazbot wrote:
    i meeting up with another boards member at 2 , so yea i could meet u tomorrow . lets say outside easons at 1:30

Could you do Temple Bar ? If not easons is grand.

yea thats fine, where abouts in temple bar ?

Shazbot wrote:
    yea thats fine, where abouts in temple bar ?

I'll pm you .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I'm downloading it, it'll be quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

No rush by the look of things, servers werent back up until 10pm tonight, and now the servers are TOTALLY over loaded, I can currently get to the server list about 1 in 30 tries, and have yet to get onto my actual server yet, its totally blocked up, hope they can fix this problem pretty soon because atm its totally pointless trying to log on :mad:

Anyone got a cd key that they dont need ? :( me really wants to play ! I offer posative rep every 3 days for a year ! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

what server are you guys all playing on?

19 in EST.. i think....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I found it quite dangerous as a level 7 Paladin doing the mines etc. People on the 24 pvp server didn't seem to want to group either which made it quite hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Can't wait to play WoW.
    Troll Shaman for me anyways.

I heard the Gnomes got mounts, Robotic Chickens.
    I think the Gnomish engineer can make robotic warrior chickens and exploding suicide chickens. Chickens like, why the **** chickens?
    Its class like, but chickens....

Da Bounca wrote:
    Can't wait to play WoW.
    Troll Shaman for me anyways.

I heard the Gnomes got mounts, Robotic Chickens.
    I think the Gnomish engineer can make robotic warrior chickens and exploding suicide chickens. Chickens like, why the **** chickens?
    Its class like, but chickens....

Maybe its another pisstake like the cows in diablo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

or maybe not?

gnome_mount.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Server 25 for me.

• Advertisement

Im installing now. Its been on terrain.mpq for about 20 mins now....anyone else have this or is it borked ?

Advertisement