Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swift 3D

Options
  • 09-11-2004 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi all

I am doing my 4th year project this year in Flash and was messing about the web and cames across swift 3d. Now my problem is trying to download this software. If anyone knows anything about this, or a download site I would very much appreciate it as I can't seem to find it anywhere

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

It's not free if that's what you're looking for.

www.swift3d.com

It does some really good 3d flash text, and you could import from 3d max too iirc. The last time I used it wsa about 4 years ago, so I suppose it's come along way since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

http://www.erain.com/downloads/Trials/

Or if you buy a full version you can download it there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gaz123

Cheers for that. Hoping it was free. Have to try and find some other alternative. I'll check out the sites and might try that trial version and see whats the story. What other 3d programs can you use with flash that I'll be able to get free download.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

My guess is the program just converts a 3D render to images then inserts them into a flash movie.

You could try looking at VRML instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

I've used it in the past. Not easy to get to grips with but can produce some very impressive results (for Flash!)

• Advertisement

How did you get hold of the software, because according to others you can't download it

To be quite honest I am making space invaders. Instead of having just the plain simple game that you normally see on a mobile phone i'm trying to spruce it up a little instead of using just flash on it's own. Any ideas to make it more exciting graphics wise.

Advertisement