Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apache and php for windows xp

Options
  • 09-11-2004 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭

i'm trying to load and edit a 'Gallery' website using apache and php, but can't seem to get php running with apache.
    atm, i'm trying apache 2.0 and php 4.3.9 which obviously isn't working for me...
    so, are there any two versions of each program that work well together under win xp?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Try Apache 1.3 and PHP 4. I had them working fine together under Windows XP.

What problems/errors are your encountering?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Search for "triad" on sf.net and have a look at the first two results. There's loads of other packages out there like that.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ConsultClifford

http://www.easyphp.org will have u up and running in no time.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

[nicK] wrote:
    i'm trying to load and edit a 'Gallery' website using apache and php, but can't seem to get php running with apache.
    atm, i'm trying apache 2.0 and php 4.3.9 which obviously isn't working for me...
    so, are there any two versions of each program that work well together under win xp?
    I had these very versions running together... I could paste the apache config that worked for me, but as luck would have it, I uninstalled apache and php about an hour ago. :/
    I recall it being a stupid problem though, where it tells you to add certain lines to your config, parts of the lines they give you are wrong, I can't quite remember... (look closely at the paths being used in those lines is about all I can remember of the problem/solution)
    But rest assured they do work together with some tinkering.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭talos

you can try xampp for windows ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭richardo

talos wrote:
    you can try xampp for windows ;)
    Been using Xampp for a while now [on XP Home]. A class act - Apache, PHP, MySQL and a rake of utilities such as PhpMyAdmin.

Well worth the download.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hey nick, Did you get this sorted?

I'm having problems with php and apache under XP as well.

Long story short, it can't find the php .dll. Every error message says "Apache cannot find [Path_to_dll]/php4apache.dll", yet the file is blatantly there.

I had this working flawlessly before, but this is Service Pack 2, and I'm guessing that MS new "security" heads thought that allowing certain processes to access .dlls was a bad idea.

Anyone heard of this?

{EDIT:

Found the problem, I was right. Windows XP SP2 doesn't allow the system account to access certain files, dlls being a big virus favourite.

I created a new User called APACHE_USR with minimal rights, gave it control over my apache install folder, and told the Apache service to log in as that user.

Works now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

seamus wrote:
    Hey nick, Did you get this sorted?

still havn't going yet.. although i havn't been putting much effort into it..
    i gave xammp a brief try last night and still my php tests didn't work..

i'll spend a bit more time at it over the weekend and hopefully get something sorted..

Advertisement