Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copying CDs to Philips HDD120

Options
  • 09-11-2004 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hello everyone,

I've never posted to a forum before, but I need help and don't know where else to turn.

I recently won an Philips HDD120 jukebox in a competition. Since I do not have a computer at home, I tried to copy the CDs directly from my stereo. This didn't work, probably because my stereo is almost as old as I am.

So I borrowed a laptop from a friend of mine and tried again using the USB cable. This doesn't seem to work either. I got some sort of message about the device (the HDD) being high-speed and the laptop being low-speed????

Can anyone expalin to me how I can get music onto my HDD, as it's not exactly the type of ornament I want on my fireplace at home!..... and the manual that came with it is as useful as.....................you know the rest!

Countryboy
    (a.k.a. 'The Technophobe')

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 danmcl

you need either
    a. A PC with a USB connection (it doesnt matter whether it is USB 2.0 or 1.1, it will either be very quick at copying the musoc over or very slow).
    You also need to use the philips proprietary software, if you jsut copy the stuff over through windows explorer thenyou will have it on the player but not be able to play it!

b. A Hi-Fi with an optical output (SPDIF) and the appropriate cable probably a TOS to 3.5mm connection would do. You could also record vuia analogue means, either through your headphone port or a line output but the quality would suffer as a result!

If you dont have the inclination to do either i would slip you a few euro and take it off your hands!

Advertisement