Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iraqi Puppet Goverment?

Options
  • 09-11-2004 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

I think it has less to do with who put him there, and more to do with what he is a symbol of.

The insurgents are in the Sunni triangle, and are Sunni Arabs's themselves. They account for only 15% of the countries population. The current president is Shia. Shia account for a large amount of the Iraqi popuation.
    In the eyes of the insurgents, the president is of the sub-human race their people (the Sunni Arab) ruled for the last number of years. This is why they won't do what he says. They will never recongnize him, as he is Shia, and they are Sunni Arabs..

Thus, I don't think the people in Falluja, or the insurgents anywhere in the country, will accept him as their leader.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

the_syco wrote:
    I think it has less to do with who put him there, and more to do with what he is a symbol of.

The insurgents are in the Sunni triangle, and are Sunni Arabs's themselves. They account for only 15% of the countries population. The current president is Shia. Shia account for a large amount of the Iraqi popuation.
    In the eyes of the insurgents, the president is of the sub-human race their people (the Sunni Arab) ruled for the last number of years. This is why they won't do what he says. They will never recongnize him, as he is Shia, and they are Sunni Arabs..

Thus, I don't think the people in Falluja, or the insurgents anywhere in the country, will accept him as their leader.

Or maybe it's because he's a former CIA asset?????? Or maybe it's because he was appointed by the same people that are walking around with big guns and shooting alot of your people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

the_syco wrote:

The insurgents are in the Sunni triangle, and are Sunni Arabs's themselves.

That would explain the Shia resistance then

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

sovtek wrote:
    That would explain the Shia resistance then
    I'd like to thank you. I like infomation, and I didn't come across this before, so thanks.

Advertisement