Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning to Meteor Customers!

Options
  • 09-11-2004 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Check on line to see if you are being charged for your "free" meteor to meteor texts as I have been charged for them over the last few days

And yes their quality of service drops again!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

How do you check that?

Im still paying for these meteor to meteor texts!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭pclive

You have to top up by more than €15 a month then for one month you are supposed to have free texts to meteor customers
    after the month is up they charge you again

ah right!

well i just got a meteor sim with 20 euro cred but i'll wait till i top it up agin though!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

If you are warning Meteor customers, than its already too late, surely.

You have to go and email them and they credit your account by the amount they overcharged you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

pclive wrote:
    You have to top up by more than €15 a month then for one month you are supposed to have free texts to meteor customers

I think you'll find the problem here is that you have to top up by €20 a month.

No i topped up with €20 but i think the requirement is 15 but im not sure

i have all ready been in touch with them and they have sent me three texts sayin sorry and they have reimbursed my account and said it wont happen again but guess what it did

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭m4cker

i think the free texts for life offer ended at the end of september. also i am pretty sure it is 20 at a time. then you get them for the month.

I think i should of kept my mouth shut and said noting!!!

yes it did end in September for new customers but it continues for customers that signed up before this date

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

its definitly a 20 euro topup thats required for free sms. And its 20e all in one go, they have a million different types of promotions though so can be puzzling exactly what your meant to get

• Advertisement

Do people think large companies are unable to make billing mistakes?

look at Vodafone, esb, aib, 02 and eircom for example

Heres a bit of the email I got from meteor last week:

Thank you for your email. I have checked your account, and since your top
    up of EUR20 on the 13th of Oct you have been charged for 3 text to Meteor,
    I have already reimbursed you for 2. I can also confirm that i have now
    reimbursed you for the 3rd sms.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

The site says it's charging but my credit is staying the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

so this thread is over a stolen 27c worth of texts? wow...stop the press!

a while ago my free texts ran out then started working again for no reason..i happily used them until they suddenly seemed to be gone again and i blew my 3 euro credit on short messages to 085 people. i explained what had happened and was told "no. we're not giving you money" (slightly paraphrased).

she said if i had any further queries to send them to (insert name here). so i did...i sent a long and well thought out argument about how it wasn't my fault they'd been giving me free texts and i should have been given a warning before they cut them off so could i please have the 3 euro back (as i had no credit and needed it for emergencies etc)

they never replied :confused:

(other than that i've always found them helpful and have no issues with signal)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

just because meteor give us free stuff and we avail of it so dependantly in some cases(most people utterly abuse the free texts thing), we throw a fit when we get charged for a few lousy messages? come on people, tis over, move on.... the same thing has happened to me a couple of times, but given the fact that im saving about e500 a month on texts if they charge me for a few through pure accident im not gonna hold it against them. they're not pickin on us individually, they make a few minor mistakes from time to time, boo hoo....

end rant.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

€500 a MONTH? That's about 5500 texts per month...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

m4cker wrote:
    i think the free texts for life offer ended at the end of september. also i am pretty sure it is 20 at a time. then you get them for the month.
    HA HA HA HA!

Can't help but laugh at that!

Cue the ad jingle:

"Meteor now offers you free texts for life....... offer ends September!" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

pclive wrote:
    Do people think large companies are unable to make billing mistakes? .... Vodafone ....
    They sent me a text message to say the were crediting me with €0.01 over the WAP billing +10%!!! :rolleyes:

Of course I have never actually used WAP, it just turns itself on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

once you have the free texts for life....thats it....you have em for life as long as you top up by 20 per month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭UNIFLU

as said above, once you enter into a contract with you provider, if you kep up with your 15/20 euro a month top up you are constantly in accord with your contract and your provider cannot decline it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Technically Meteor can get out of the "free texts for life" contract by killing you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

pclive wrote:
    It's twenty a month actually, that's why you are being charged for them.

Well i'll reserve any comments on Meteor until i actually top mine up by 20 euro again and see if i get the free texts or not!....besides, texts are still cheaper than other networks!

Nasty_Girl wrote:
    It's twenty a month actually, that's why you are being charged for them.

I know its been said before but you CANNOT get free texts if you only topup by 15e p/m. You will get between 1 and 3 free credit potentially at most if you are an old customer with meteor and not on the deal where you get 10e free for topping up by 20 (10 month one off promotion on some free sims).

Yes thank you nasty_girl i realise its 20yoyo a month and thats what i always top up by and i usually get free texts for the whole month but not this month

And this thread was not started "over a stolen 27c" i just wanted to let people know that there could be a possibility that meteor could be charging a lot more people than me for these "free" texts, then it is not a case of a few cents but it could run into hundreds of euro.

People have sat back lately and let themselves be screwd by "rip off ireland"

Cop yourselves on ppl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Meteor charged me for free texts awhile back. It was nearing the end of my month anyway so I thought I needed to top up anyway. A few hours later I got a message of apology and all my credit back.

They made a mistake, so what. They refunded me and didn't try to swindle me. I don't see what the big problem is tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

basquille wrote:
    HA HA HA HA!

Can't help but laugh at that!

Cue the ad jingle:

"Meteor now offers you free texts for life....... offer ends September!" :rolleyes:
    Meteor are still giving free texts for life to their existing customers but anyone who joins them now will not

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Still getting them for free. As has already been said, you prob haven't topped up by E20 in the last month.

I switched to metoer from vodafone about a year ago but I just got a text from vodafone telling me that they are giving me E4 back, on my old vodafone account. Thats no use now is it!

I have to say that the reps in 1905 are told by the supervisors they can normally re-imburse someone for 1/2 euros or so without needing to get authorisation.

And this they do most of them quite happily and unless someone is constantly ringing up looking for free credit or being a pain (they put a note in for every single call you make into them, even prank calls) that is the only way they might not be very obliging.

Also if it is happening constantly they do need to do an investigation on this to find out why. I'm not trying to overly defend meteor becuase I know at times they can be in the wrong but this is one thing where I know that they are pretty good about rectifying.

(I know that because i worked in 1905 for 2 years and I was pretty good at my job if I might say so and use to advise colleagues what to do in this type of situation!!!!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

I was getting charged til I noticed it on my account. I rang them and it was fixed within 10 minutes. They were very polite and it was no bother to do.

Now if only the reception actually worked! :o\

Ross

Advertisement