Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Podge and Rodge on the Panel

• 09-11-2004 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

Did anyone see this last night? I was in stitches. I had all but forgotten about them, there show was too much of the same, but they were hilarious last night. They tore everyone to shreds, including Ed Byrne who is the most boring comedian ever. And I use the word comedian loosely. I think they should be on the panel permanently. I would watch it then.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You stopped watching their show because it got stale, but you'd watch the panel if they were on it permanently??

But yeah, they were pretty good alright...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

everytime Ive tried to watch it in the past its been very dry, it lacks direction. I would definitly watch it if they were on it. Its like yerman that does never mind the buzcocks. It needs someone to lead it and take the piss out of everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Ed Byrne is pretty good on The Panel - he's better than the Blizzard of Odd guy
    was that the last ever Panel, or just the last in the series?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Ah the Panel was good, it made me laugh.

There's a new series og the Blizzard of Odd starting next week though and that should be even funnier. I think Colm Murphy is great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Missed it last night. When is it repeated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

yeah they were funny. who was the guy beside Colm Murphy? He had shreads torn out of him and looked none too happy when podge\rodge started going on about clubbing the baby seals.
    simu wrote:
    There's a new series og the Blizzard of Odd starting next week though and that should be even funnier. I think Colm Murphy is great!
    a few friends of mine are going to have their home made ultra low budget short film shown on it, cant wait! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

loyatemu wrote:
    Ed Byrne is pretty good on The Panel - he's better than the Blizzard of Odd guy
    was that the last ever Panel, or just the last in the series?

Murphy is by far better than Ed Byrne - in all the outtakes, Byrne relies on anal sex jokes and innuendo to get the laughs - which is fine, to an extent. Meanwhile, Murphy relies on accents, impressions, and just all-round good jokes to get the crowd going.

To be honest Podge and Rodge were funny - for about five minutes. Thankfully they were only on it for ten, because for the final five I began to remember why I hated them. Did nobody else notice the puppeteers were just screaming over everything? Not a word/question got in edgeways - it totally destroyed the direction of the show. Nice for a change. But regularly? Eh...no... you're alright thanks...

E.G. "Hahaha, it's yer man Ted Byrne" *crowd laughs audibly*
    I'm no fan of Ed Byrne - but wtf - that's just juvenile and well...****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

NoelRock wrote:
    Murphy is by far better than Ed Byrne - in all the outtakes, Byrne relies on anal sex jokes and innuendo to get the laughs - which is fine, to an extent. Meanwhile, Murphy relies on accents, impressions, and just all-round good jokes to get the crowd going.

To be honest Podge and Rodge were funny - for about five minutes. Thankfully they were only on it for ten, because for the final five I began to remember why I hated them. Did nobody else notice the puppeteers were just screaming over everything? Not a word/question got in edgeways - it totally destroyed the direction of the show. Nice for a change. But regularly? Eh...no... you're alright thanks...

E.G. "Hahaha, it's yer man Ted Byrne" *crowd laughs audibly*
    I'm no fan of Ed Byrne - but wtf - that's just juvenile and well...****e.
    Nail. Head. Hit. Firmly.
    IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I think the panel is dire.... None of them are funny. Ddint see the one with Podge & Rodge though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

i think the panel and colin murphy are good, as was said the first 5 minutes were funny, the thing about clubbing the baby seals is classic podge and rodge they couldnt have a picked a worse thing to say...

after that the people clammed up , "im getting insulted by a puppet omigod, that's funny, ill just watch?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

Watched the panel last night hadn't before.
    Ed Byrne seems to be trying to imitate Paul Merton on Have I got News for you, even down to the haircut. Takes himself a little seriously for a comedian I think. The host and the NI guy are funny though.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

rebel72 wrote:
    Missed it last night. When is it repeated?
    I think it's repeated late Friday or Saturday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Podge and Rodge are ****e. Juvenile ****e. They appeal only to students and the easily amused(same thing really0. They started on kids TV and they should have stayed there
    what?!!! :mad:
    I HATE Podge and Rodge.. they're just not my idea of funny.. guess we all have a different take on things but they really grate on my nerves. bit like Alan Partridge. drives me bloody mad :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Re Rodge N Podge, It was the first time that show has been funny since they had Ulich O'Connor on it a couple of years ago. Really says it all about the panels usual 'quality' when the only times a show (with 4-5 professional comedians on it) is amusing is when the guests deliver all the laughs!

Still on the plus side at least they've got rid of Fiona Looney and that hideous looking yoke Kathryn Thomas .... tho one suspects those two vaccuous bints were only even there in the first place to make the comedians look good. No mean feat when you consider eejits like Ed Byrne and Dar ....ehhhhh.... O'Briain are regulars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Pigman II wrote:
    Dar ....ehhhhh.... O'Briain
    lol :D
    byte wrote:
    I think it's repeated late Friday or Saturday night.
    01:10 Friday night/Saturday morning

Advertisement