Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suited Santa? SSF charity game... Us .vs. The Fitz.

Options
  • 09-11-2004 5:06pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok, a bit of behind the scenes hustling brings me to this happy announcement.

The Suited Aces guys are going to run a charity poker game in aid of SSF.

Tuesday December 14th we're going to play a 65 Euro + Reg game. 15 Euro of that will go to SSF with the rest going to the prize pool.

Theres a twist. If you so choose, you can declare for one of two teams (or none at all if you wish).

One team to represent the Irish poker nu-skool skillz of Suited Aces / Boards and one team to represent the old-hat fogeyness of The Fitzers!
    The team event will decide which side gets the cup but the money is strictly an individual competition. Hence, if you really wish, you can declare for neither team and still have a shot at the cash prize!

Its time we took our rightful place at the top of Irish Poker and silenced Player X and Joe O'Neill and co for good. :)

Luke Ivory is going to try and rustle up all the usual suspects and I'm hoping you (addicts!) will see fit to attend and make a night of it. I have faith we can bring this cup home (though where we are going to put it if we DO win, is another question :) )

Hope to see you there and if you intend coming please post here just so I get an idea of numbers.

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I'll play and declare for the Suited Aces/Boards team, should be able to rustle up another 3-4 players as well..we should definitely get branded t-shirts for that! You could sell them for €5-€10 over the production cost and give the extra money to the SSF fund...

btw you can put the cup in my house :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Absolutetly. Count me in for the team and sweet idea on the t-shirts.....although I think they should be really tacky SA/Boards wooly jumpers considering the season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Great idea, looking forward to it already...
    Have a few friends who'll play too (depending on availability during the silly season)..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Sounds good to me also, assuming there are no Christmas doo's etc on that night. I think we should just get Karl one of them jumpers, the rest of us would probably be happy enough with the tshirts ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

I can tell you now, categorically, that we'll win. The Fitz that is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I will of course represent the old-hat fogeyness of The boardsters!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

*Karl checks knitting forum*

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Marq wrote:
    I can tell you now, categorically, that we'll win. The Fitz that is.
    Care to make a wager on that, a pack of your finest Arab Donkey brand of smokes...

DeV.

ps:...splitter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Count me in for the SA/Boards team.

*smell of traitor around here somewhere*

The T-shirt is a good idea too.

Go the whole hog and get b/ball caps too. Even branded shades and ipods. Really annoy the foggeys. Only messing ;) . T's would be enough.

Sounds really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

iirc we are looking to get 20 ish of us Vs 20ish of them plus all the other individual players too. Care to correct me on that Dev?

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

20. 30... the more the merrier. I'd like to hit 60 players anyway as that gives us close to 1K raised from the event. (Not to mention the whole "Pudding in Drag" thing!)

DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    Care to make a wager on that, a pack of your finest Arab Donkey brand of smokes...

Considering the amount of cigarettes you bum off me on a weekly basis it would be a pleasure to take some back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Marq wrote:
    Considering the amount of cigarettes you bum off me on a weekly basis it would be a pleasure to take some back.
    :):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

come on the fitz! Can the dream team enter? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Glady want to be a part of this excellent idea, will play for any team and put my average poker skillz :D to their max use

U have been warned! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Hmm Fitz or Boards........ :confused:

Oh come on! Jp, Oscar, you arent going to cowardly side with Player X and Leslie now are you? Fight the good fight! :)

Hmmm... touché Marq :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Bummer. going to The Beautiful South that night. would have liked to play. suppose I would have to go with the fitz seen as I played with them in the gutshot one.

Not sure who is benefiting by my non appearance ??

considering over half of the dream team work in the fitz I think that's our decision made. Careca can't make it and Muso is a splitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

What's the start time? Will you be taking late arrivals as I may not be free til around 10 on the night?

• Advertisement

Start time will be about 7-7:30.

Suited Aces have also kindly made this their one and only tournament for December to avoid detracting from it. (The mid month madness in the Fitz is still go for the 20th of Nov!).

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

What is the format for the midmonth madness this month?

Advertisement