Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Translations (Abbey Theatre)

Options
  • 17-11-2000 3:58am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I went to see this a few nights ago and highly recommend it. Its funny and also thought provoking about the use of language and its ties to a communities consciousness.
    I couldnt help thinking of Freakbro and Greenbean and the lads though as the play is set in a village near Buncrana and the accents are perfect!

Recommended.

Dev.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Derek Bell

I must go and see it. It's about the Ordnance Survey mapping of Ireland, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭C B

I saw a Druid production of it in galway last year and it was brilliant just like all of Brian Friels plays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Yeah saw the Druid (i think) version of this a couple of years back too in Galway. Top play awright.

Advertisement