Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Things about NUIM?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Whats with the haunted room thing,me and my freind walked up to it on the open day and tried toopen the door,it was locked and when we walked away there was a unlocking sound from the door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Micheal Wittman

The haunted room( the one where the priest jumped out the window?) doesn't have a door anymore, it's just an enclave off a corridor with photocopiers in it. So sorry that mustn't have been it :( that unlucking sound was perhaps just somebody woundering who the hell was trying to get into their office :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

mmm,it was a door with a picture of a man on it.Whats the room like,anything in it.
    Not suggesting you walk through walls,but whats in there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Ooooh a haunted room? Where?

And what path that no one walks on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

ClareBear wrote:

And what path that no one walks on?

it s one of the paths in front of the church on the old campus if you walk straight down it and through the arch you are meant to fail your exams.

Spooky or what?

Are you the hot minx clare that everyone on mikado is raving bout?
    Fancy joining us on my site all the lads you were talking to at g-spot last week are there. ;)

• Advertisement

Yeah that's me...ah I wish they'd never posted that now....all the girls will hate me and think I'm full of myself.

As for the path you can't walk on or you fail your exams....every Uni has one of them. Load of crap if you ask me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Maynooth just happens to have one which goes from door to door... woooo :rolleyes:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

What's all this about 3:1 ratio??? 17 engineers, of which only 2 are women. I got screwed :mad:

That, and the fecking train timetables. If they had a 09:25 service, surely more people would take that as opposed to having to get the 8:15 service, which would reduce the mad feckin rush and allow me an extra 55 minutes in bed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 FLB

Well the place got better pub-wise this year, but I really haven't gone out much this year at all, so that was pointless.

I wasn't able for the bridge in first year, and even today I struggle. It's worse when you haven't eaten in a few days (let's face it - that covers 50% of us) and you start to see stars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Shrapnel

ps i love ratios and i resent that comment obout the lack of good looking men i fit into that catigory.
    mmmmmmmm3:1

when you factor in the GLB and people in relationships, it changes to about 15:1

I hate the perpetual tuesday night cloud cover, and light pollution. What good is use of the physics department telescope, when you can't see a damn thing?

apart from that, everything about the place is rosy. muck's nothing new and cold weather's just an excuse to drink whiskey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

popinfresh wrote:
    What's all this about 3:1 ratio??? 17 engineers, of which only 2 are women. I got screwed :mad:

Your own stupid fault for doing engineering wasn't it! HAW HAW! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lolly parten

Maynooth is not cold and st'patrick's erection is dead handy to get over.
    Fair enough, not every student in the place is walking about the place twisted, 16 hours a day but you speak like thats a bad thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

ClareBear wrote:
    The lack of good looking men! Damn this 3 girls to every guy ratio.
    i'm good looking!maybe.from a certain angle.you want to suck face?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Exams, thats what I hate. Although, Ive heard that they have these in other colleges too!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

I agree with some or one of Placebo's points up there ^ but most of all I HATE EXAMS :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Little Goose

Ahh, just reading through this thread and it's like a trip down memory lane for me! I went to Maynooth (graduated in 2003) and even though I can't relate to O'Brien's Sandwich Bar or the John Hume building cuz they weren't there 'in my day', the muck and the bridge are all too familiar! Even though I had some really crappy times there, I've had some excellent times to even it out! And as for that ratio thing.. Keep looking girls! I took the only good-looking guy that was there when I was there, we're engaged now and still going strong! :) The SU bar was the best craic... and the Roost!

Isn't it amazing.. This thread is called "Worst thing about NUIM?" yet when that dude from UL gives out about the place, you are all so quick to defend it! Aww, it's shweet!!! :D

I don't know....I fecking love the place now. Living with fun people makes such a massive difference.

Exams are evil though.... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Orange

They made the train timetable even worse!!! The 828 train in the morining is always late and the afternoon trains are 302 and 404!!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

And the 20 to 6 train if you finish up at 5 :(:(,

popinfresh wrote:
    And the 20 to 6 train if you finish up at 5 :(:(,

That's not that long a wait....fecking Moaning Michael ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Trix

I was at the openday. From what my brother told me the most obvious bad things about maynouth is that its cursed(what with the whole goings on in reteric house and the big path nobody walks down) and that the swiming pool is full of seamen
    seamen or semen? either way im staying away from the pool

I was at the openday. From what my brother told me the most obvious bad things about maynouth is that its cursed(what with the whole goings on in reteric house and the big path nobody walks down) and that the swiming pool is full of seamen

Well to be honest, if you're inclined to believe that hocus-pocus, you're probably not cut out for third level education, wherever it may be.

Not being able to spell "Rhetoric" is a bad sign too.

also with what I dislike here. There's way to much muck.
    My house is to far away from campus.
    It was very cold and slippy today.
    I have to many big gaps between lectures
    I'm also tired. :mad:

petals wrote:
    also with what I dislike here. There's way to much muck.
    My house is to far away from campus.
    It was very cold and slippy today.
    I have to many big gaps between lectures
    I'm also tired. :mad:
    Bitch, bitch, bitch...

:)

gobby wrote:
    Bitch, bitch, bitch...

:)
    Yeah well I'm tired. I want to go sleep and I have lectures at 4 and 5 and I've had to wait around since 12 already.

petals wrote:
    Yeah well I'm tired. I want to go sleep and I have lectures at 4 and 5 and I've had to wait around since 12 already.
    Find a quiet lab and go for a wee kip. You'll be grand after that!

meh I've to go stock up on sweets for Bach chorale later now in a mo anyways

petals wrote:
    meh I've to go stock up on sweets for Bach chorale later now in a mo anyways
    Sorry, Bach what?

• Advertisement

gobby wrote:
    Sorry, Bach what?

Bach chorale it's one of our music lectures

Advertisement