Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CSI Anyone?

• 09-11-2004 6:24pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just posting to see if there are any other CSI juckies lurking?

Hyzepher

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

Who are you? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

love it great show. great that you don't have to see every show to keep in touch with it.. I'm hopeless for watching all episodes in any series!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Hi
    Im a complete CSI nut Just about to watch an episode on "RTE2"/network2 now, CSI:Miami (not quite as good as CSI:Crime Scene Investigation).
    I can t wait for CSI:NY to be aired over here read some info on't interweb and its supposed to be excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

Love the show! CSI Vegas wins over CSI Miami. Horatio just doesn't do it for me!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Aye!
    CSI original (vegas) only though. I don't like CSI Miami, just don't like the characters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

aye, CSI: NY looks pretty damn good. it began airing stateside the week after i got home in september.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I love CSI watch it as much as I can when its on, have sky so seeing a lot of repeats at the moment and not sure when the new series is showing.

CSI:Miami I can take or leave I've seen some good episodes and the newer ones seem to be a bit better and I noticed that they toned down that miami heat sunkissed look that i always though was way over the top colour wise.

I can't wait to see CSI:NY have heard good things about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

bedlam wrote:
    The original CSI is still the best. Never got into CSI: Miami, I felt the acting was very poor and it put me off. CSI: NY manages to be worse that Miami for acting and story/science/props.

Yep, CSI is the only one that does it for me. CSI: M and NY are just poor clones with poor characters and poorer stories. Not helping is the fact that too many of the spin-off's characters do almost everything themselves lab-wise on top of their case solving.

Will give NY a few more weeks, but so far, so bad.

On the flipside, the Law & Order spin-offs are better, but I do think you can go to the well too many times for both it and CSI. Less, and less done well, is more.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

CSI is the best, but CSI: Miami is good for laughing at Horatio's poses and daft pronouncements. The scenes write themselves. Here's my draft script for CSI: Miami -

[Horatio marching onto a crime scene, up to Alexx who is crouching beside the body of a teenager]:
    Alexx [creepily stroking the teenager's hair]: Poor kitten, you just wanted a night out and instead you got your light's out.
    Horatio [crouching beside her]: Well-then-what-have-we-here?
    Alexx: Victim's had her throat slashed.
    Horatio: Look at this Alex. The jagged knife wound goes there from left to right. What does that tell us?
    Alexx: Well it's -
    Horatio: I'll tell you what it tell us.
    Alexx: But I -
    Horatio: It tells us that we're looking for a right-handed killer, doesn't it Alexx? So here's what we're gonna do. You're gonna take that body back to lab and examine those cuts-
    Alexx: Why do you keep stating the obvious?!
    Horatio: Speedle, you're going to canvas the neighborhood.
    Speedle: Someone just shoot me already.
    Horatio: We're looking for a right-handed killer here folks [Gets up, puts sunglasses on and stares off at the sun] He may be right-handed but he's on the wrong side of the law.
    [Theme tune kicks in: Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

ixoy wrote:
    CSI is the best, but CSI: Miami is good for laughing at Horatio's poses and daft pronouncements. The scenes write themselves. Here's my draft script for CSI: Miami

Oh, that's just classic! You could get good money for coming up with 45 minutes worth of stuff like that.

I was on a flight to the US last year (with Continental, they have some in-flight entertainment deal with CBS) and there was a channel on the seat TV with just CSI/CSI: Miami.

Despite being tired, I ended up watching a fair few CSI: Ms and there were so many scenes like the above, after I while I apparently started groaning to myself, saying things like, "Oh, come on...!" or "Duh!" or "No sh1t, Sherlock!"

That was pretty much when I decided CSI: M wasn't for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

ixoy wrote:
    CSI is the best, but CSI: Miami is good for laughing at Horatio's poses and daft pronouncements. The scenes write themselves. Here's my draft script for CSI: Miami -

Absolute class...funniest thing I've readon these boards in ages...and only because it is so like the real thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

doh.ie wrote:
    Yep, CSI is the only one that does it for me. CSI: M and NY are just poor clones with poor characters and poorer stories. Not helping is the fact that too many of the spin-off's characters do almost everything themselves lab-wise on top of their case solving.

Will give NY a few more weeks, but so far, so bad.

On the flipside, the Law & Order spin-offs are better, but I do think you can go to the well too many times for both it and CSI. Less, and less done well, is more.

Love CSI - I have all the boxsets. CSI:Miami is watchable, but nowhere near as good......

And yeah, Law and Order spin offs are excellent, particularly SVU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

ixoy wrote:

[Theme tune kicks in: Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!]

OMG did you rob the house of one of the scriptwriters because you've nailed it! I used to watch it all the time, but in the last few weeks Horatio is starting to drive me mad. Horatio the Ham. :mad: Really enjoy both L & O spin offs but hear there's a new one out "Trial by Jury". Sounds like they're really stretching the formula as far as it goes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

One thing that always struck me while watching CSI is the fact that they never turn on the lights. They walk into a crime scene and start searching around for evidence with tiny torches. This is done even when they aren't using UV.Infared light etc.

On the whole CSI (LV) is the best show on tv. It has probably single handedly increased the amount of student studying science in the USA.

Hyzepher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

D&#233 wrote: »
    Really enjoy both L & O spin offs but hear there's a new one out "Trial by Jury". Sounds like they're really stretching the formula as far as it goes.

Thats right, Jerry Orbach (Briscoe) leaves the original L&O to be in the new one........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

csi.jpg

But that aside, I quite like the original series. Miami seems to have failed for me by not creating characters I really care about, though the blond one with the Texis accent is quite cute. Prefered her in The West Wing though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

just got the dvds of it as recomended by my brother .
    im really looking forward to seeing them.
    lots of praise on here for it by the sounds of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

I love both but I prefer CSI Miami. The blonde girl is so hot, she makes it all worth while. A blonde girl with an amazing body and brainy. strange.

Advertisement