Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any fans of Terry Pratchett + Discworld novels?

Options
  • 14-11-2000 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

Im just reading the city watch trilogy, and have read The Fifth Elephant, and couple others and have played Discworld 2, and am looking for discworld one but i cant seem to get it new, so if anyone could tell me where to find it online it would be great. smile.gif

I Don't Have Time, for this MICKEY MOUSE BULL****!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

dont bother getting discworld 1
    its far too hard and has very little to do with anything that happened in any of the books. besides its crap and no-one in the history of the world has ever finished it.

get discworld noir in virgin blanchardstown for a tenner.

personally i prefer the early books as he seems to have turned all his latest books into a murder mystery series and it all comes into place inthe last scene type stuff.
    bring back the funny stuff and not the mystry trying to be funny stuff....

if you know what i mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

"Vimes looked out the window. There was a typical Ankh-Morpork scene outside, but people were trying to seperate them." - LOL

Re the game; IMO Discworld 1 was a lot better than 2 (and funnier), but I like my games hard. And yes, I finished it, eventually. The ending was pants though.

The older books are the best comedy-wise alright (MAA, GG, P) but the later ones have better stories and plots. Read 'em all, I say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭metalchicken

I agree that the first discworld game is the best, but it is fairly difficult. Hard to get hold of though, really hard.

I think the discworld books get steadily better as the series goes on. I've got all of the books now, and I love every one of them. I think the weakest ones are the first few, but I think mr P's really found his literary feet, and I like the more stylised way that he writes in now. I generally find loads of lol moments in them too smile.gif

bananannanananananananananananananas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

He's shifted the focus from the comedy but that doesn't mean he's left it out. I've just started the fifth elephant and the bits about Nobby in a dress raise a smile. There's always 3 or 4 lol moments too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

If any of ye could tell me where to download the first game it would be great.

Pratchett's new novel is out for this christmas aswell, i saw it in a couple of shops already but forget the name.

• Advertisement

The Truth

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I had it for the pla stashune. Try playing it with a fupping controller. And none of that dual shock malarky either.

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It had slipped into Abandonware, however the ISDA went after underdogs so it's no longer there.

http://www.theunderdogs.org/game.php?id=315

Could try some other abadonware sites or if you want to be a ***** about it contact the company.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The books rule. I love the Death ones and the City Watch ones.

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

Nicely done people, ill look in those
    abandon ware sites but it looks like the ISDA aka ISAD people have already got there.
    frown.gif

Also heres one for the fans. Its the artist that created all the covers and gave the characters faces. Paul Kirby.
    http://www.pjsm-prints.co.uk/

Theres good ones of Death, Death of Rats and Detritus.

Buggerit, Millenium hand and shrimmp......?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

death of rats 0wnz

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by Kento-Shiro:

Also heres one for the fans. Its the artist that created all the covers and gave the characters faces. Paul Kirby.
    http://www.pjsm-prints.co.uk/
    A different Kirby did the covers - Josh. They have very different styles of painting. Paul K. does the art work for the diarys and has done a book called the Discworld Portfolio.

I'll get me anorak.

Draco

Fair play for pointing that out to me.
    But i think i actually heard a train passing!!
    If youre quick u might catch it and take a few pics, and get its name, or number or whatever the hell they have.

Buggerit, Millenium hand and shrimmp......?

Cartoony cover art by Josh Kirby (b)
    More realistic caricatures by Paul Kidby (d)

Advertisement