Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Eircom Router with IOL ?

• 09-11-2004 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭

I have IOL BB. I think my Zyxel router is broken though. The DSL light is on but it cannot connect to the PC anymore either through LAN or USB (It was running for 10 months previously).

Anyway, I have a boxed unopened Eircom BB kit with a prestige modem. What do I have to do to swap this in for my IOL one ? Is there any preconfigured settings specific to the Provider on either modem or do I just need to install the driver and go ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

There should be no problems whatsoever, if you're using it through USB just install the driver and you should be good to go.

What kind of modem are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Quigs.

Have u tried Resetting the Router?
    Hold Down the small reset button for 15 seconds.
    All you need is the Settings in the manual on Section 4 if you choose to use a different router/modem.

Good Luck.

Advertisement