Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invisible Monsters

Options
  • 09-11-2000 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭

It's by Chuck (IcantspellitPalunichuk?) .....the guy who wrote Fight Club and the only way to describe it is Homer Simpson watching Twin Peaks "Brilliant - I have no idea what's going on."

I can't see this one being made into a film cos it's a bit freaky and twisted and I feel It'll be at least the third read through b4 I get every subtle nuance in it. The comments on society and beauty are scaringly insightful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

who publishes it?

i couldnt find it today in Easons in dublin,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I think it's Vintage. I actual got mine from the root of all evil - amazon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

amazon tch tch tch

ah well still cant find it in easons

/me silently scours amazon.com

smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

where'd u get it, i was looking all over for that smile.gif

read his other book "survivor" aswell, its really good - a tale told backwards

I Live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

survivor was so excellent.
    palahnuik is a great writer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

FightClub the book was excellent and I'm glad I read it before the film. Fincher made a great adaptation of it though.

Survivor I honestly thought was crap. The lobster bit was funny but I just didn't like the rest of it. It was boring and uninspiring. I can't believe they're going to make a flim of it. He used the same formula as FC I thought, except substituted Housekeeping Tips for Violence. It was well researched, I'll gibe it that. The attack on the media was good but was too farsical for me.

I haven't read IM yet but I might go and get it. I have heard that theres no way it can be made into a film, which is interesting.

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Survivor was pretty good. Nothing like Fight Club though.

Im going to the bear fights tomorrow, want to come with ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Originally posted by yellum:
    I have heard that theres no way it can be made into a film, which is interesting.

It could be made into a film but you'd need a fantastic actress to do it and you'd probably have to leave out most of the book unless you had almost constant voice over. It's way too twisted for any major studio though. Think the crying game X 1000.

I'd love to see it done just for when she steals the turkey! biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Blitzkrieger after your description I'm gonna have to get this book.

Ordering Book from Amazon now.

D.

just got it chapters, tell ya what i tink when i finish it smile.gif

• Advertisement

well......
    it's simply way to good for reality and by far the best out of the 3 he's published ("choke" is coming out in may i tink). Buy it now. it's less than a tenner.

Advertisement