Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to sort out programs

• 09-11-2004 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭

Looking for a bit of help.

Click Start / Programs / list of programs installed on pc.

If I install say adobe reader, it shows up at the bottom of the list of programs.
    start/programs/adobe folder/photoshop 7, is located at the top of the list

How can I place adobe reader into the adobe folder which holds photosop 7.

Running windows XP Pro

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheerz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

drag and drop ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

better yet, right click anywhere on that list and click sort by name
    your welcome :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

'sort by name' won't put acrobat reader into the abode folder though.... drag 'n drop will ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

that is more true than you even comprehend notme, there are secret truths behind my posting technique that shall not be revealed until it is "time", as they say..... and your futile attempts to correct my mistake are.....futile! for it shall be as i say and not the way of another, especially if he be named bill gates, whereby there shall be a shooting, and some death, with a few light hearted comments thrown in for good measure! my apologies for sheer idiocy. i shal now die. *dies*

eh? eh?! impressed???? :D i am.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

funny stuffbiggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

As (looks up page) jessy said, drag and drop will work fine. Simplest solution.

If you want the more complicated solution, right-click the start button and click "Explore" and while you're at it, right-click it again and click "Explore all users". Clicking "Explore" will give your programs menu, "explore all users" will give you the common programs menu that you share with any other users on your computer. Somewhere in one of these is your adobe reader shortcut and also your adobe folder. Drag and drop the shortcut into the folder. Some people find dragging and dropping on the programs menu problematic and fiddly, if you're one of these use the longer solution.

I too like a very neat programs menu as a rule - I even have some of my apps sorted into neat groups like "audio & video"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

sceptre wrote:
    I too like a very neat programs menu as a rule - I even have some of my apps sorted into neat groups like "audio & video"

Me to :D

But I never remember where I put things. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭ShadowFax

Thanks lads for all your help, but when i click

start/programs

i drag adobe reader and try and place it inot the adobe folder but it goes either side of it and doesnt go into the adobe folder.....????

If I right click on start menu and explore/explore all users, some programs come up, just a few, thats it

Any other ideas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

ShadowFax wrote:

i drag adobe reader and try and place it inot the adobe folder but it goes either side of it and doesnt go into the adobe folder.....????

ok.. when you drag acrobat reader over the adobe folder the adobe menu should pop out... then you drag AR across and drop it into the abobe menu. Does that make sense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭ShadowFax

Thanks lads, appreciate all your help.

One more thing, Can I create my own folder and name it whatever, like the folders at the top of the start/programs list???

Appreciate your help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,032 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You can right-click on the Start button and choose "Open" if you want to create a folder for yourself, or "Open All Users" if you want to create a folder for all users on your machine.

Advertisement