Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing Ball

• 09-11-2004 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭

Anyone wanna come? It'll be really crap if it's just all us girls!! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'll go

( i need to get more use out of my tux)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

when

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Surely you could invite some garda recruits from the garda college in templemore? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Don't the nurses usually team up with the engineers? Or is that the christmas party? I'm mad confused cos I get invited to none :(

• Advertisement

1) Was thinking the same thing ApeX. :D
    2) The trainee gardaí are only allowed up on weekends Caesar_Bojangle!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

Chick wrote:
    It'll be really crap if it's just all us girls!!
    there must be some male nurses though??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

8:15 my god blank what sorta hours do u be getting up at?!

Annnnd don't you going spoiling our happy belief that nursing is 100% female! ;)

there must be some male nurses though??

Aye (bloody misleading stupid topless calender grr!!) but it's mostly female dominated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

I think there's four guys in a class of 200....

Last year the nurses and engineers had balls together. I doubt they'd just have nurses...

• Advertisement

SkyLynx wrote:
    8:15 my god blank what sorta hours do u be getting up at?!
    i have a physics lab at 9oclock in the morning :( no choice.. also chem lab at 9am....it totally sucks!

you live 10 minutes up the road ffs, a 9am start means getting up at like half 8 at the earliest...

yeah only if i have my lab report finished!! had to go in early to print off graphs and finish it..uh im never leaving it that late again (well i say that now..!)

uh lab reports. How much are they worth towards your end of year grade?

dunno, like 20 or 30 % I think(well chem is 20%, cant remember phy)... Handy marks anyway!

uh huh, thats if u score well in em, i averaged a 3 or 4 in phy labs ;) spent more time chatting with the supervisors than doing anything :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

David19 wrote:
    I think there's four guys in a class of 200....
    Lol pretty close, try 7! :D
    Sorry to ruin anyones illusions guys, its not 100% female, might as well be tho the guys are a bit out numbered!

Yeah so I was a bit sketchy on the details there wasnt I, anyway its on Thursday the 18th of Nov, in the Davenport Hotel, and tickets are €38. My friend went to a UCD commerce ball b4 and she said tickets were €70 -rip off!?
    Oh and yes theyre selling tickets to engineers and Med students too, so surely between all those there'll be some decent guys....??

actually I think some of the trainee gardaí from templemore are invited now that you mention it! and so are trainee firemen -which is fine by me :D

actually I think some of the trainee gardaí from templemore are invited now that you mention it!

Wonder if my bro'll be there...

How many morphine shots does one get for EUR38 these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vinks

Chick wrote:
    Anyone wanna come? It'll be really crap if it's just all us girls!! :rolleyes:

i'd come, but i'd feel old and out of place plus im not a student nay more, but the thought of student female nurses!

SkyLynx wrote:
    you live 10 minutes up the road ffs, a 9am start means getting up at like half 8 at the earliest...

Yeah I get up 06:30 on fri's for lab..
    yeah only if i have my lab report finished!!

What experiment ya on now? You using tkachev/pwalsht's indispensable resource pages?

• Advertisement

ApeXaviour wrote:
    What experiment ya on now? You using tkachev/pwalsht's indispensable resource pages?
    we've done the pn junction diode one (grr that was the worst exp ever :( !!!) and just finished fresnel biprism which was soooo easy. no labs now till after xmas because of those weird physics poster thingys! oh yeah def using those pages, totally indispensable!!

6:30???? woh thats early...

you 2 r nuts. getting up at 10 is hard enuf...

we've done the pn junction diode one (grr that was the worst exp ever :( !!!) and just finished fresnel biprism which was soooo easy. no labs now till after xmas because of those weird physics poster thingys!

Ah they're a laf.. Yeah my mates who are repeatin showed me a list of them this year. Some of them are a bit strange alright. We had a cracker of a one last year called "learning to love a vacuum". Older people with a history of social ineptness (ie phys profs) tend not to see blatant innuendo.
    If ya have a look up on the wall u shud see the one I did last year was "Birds and the Bees: The Physics of Flight". Didn't win anything tho :(

I may have asked you this before but now many more of my mates are repeating. They'd be in the same phys project group: rob, yannick, conor and naomi. Naomi is half japanese, which might help id her ;) You know any of 'em?

Ace_Rimmer wrote:
    Wonder if my bro'll be there...

How many morphine shots does one get for EUR38 these days?
    I'll see what I can sort out for ya ;):D Not promising anything, but I've got a few hypodermic needles put away for special occassions ;)

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Ah they're a laf.. Yeah my mates who are repeatin showed me a list of them this year. Some of them are a bit strange alright. We had a cracker of a one last year called "learning to love a vacuum". Older people with a history of social ineptness (ie phys profs) tend not to see blatant innuendo.
    hrm ill look out for that poster next time in the lab and give you my verdict on it ;) hehe that title is hilarious, i can just imagine finch getting all enthuastic about it and not having a clue what he is implying :D
    I may have asked you this before but now many more of my mates are repeating. They'd be in the same phys project group: rob, yannick, conor and naomi. Naomi is half japanese, which might help id her You know any of 'em?
    hrm think i know who yannick is...think i was talking randomly to him before an exam once..as for the others id say id recognise them if i saw them, i think i know the repeat group in physics who seem to hang around together all the time, havent actually talked to them yet though (been missing a 'few' lectures lately!)

(been missing a 'few' lectures lately!)
    tut tut tut.

In other news anyone possibly not seen hero yet? (for shame if u haven't..)

is there a closing date for submitting your web ct attendance thing... i really need to sort that out!

hero was rubbish. it was a colourful ballet with subtitles.

avp now, thats a film

you are kidding right kev?
    AVP is like the worst film this year...

• Advertisement

i beg to differ. avp was popcorn movies at its best. could have used a sex scene of three but it was deadly anyway.

Advertisement