Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD clothing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

30 for a black one with a small crest on the chest and 40 for a black one with a giant crest on the back. blue red or green?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

dont think ive ever even seen those. im usually in a mad rush while on campus goin to the ussher or somethin, but ill hav a look round next time for ppl wearin them!

how much is a normal hoody from the su shop? we got a discount coupon during freshers week but id say its expired now, think it was oct only

i've no idea./ but id much prefer the nurses uniform to a tcd hoody. i know its a cliche but they are fab.

i mean i dont want the nurses uniform for myself. just for ... "guests"

Lol I suppose I can see what you mean, but Im kinda gettin tired of the cliche now. everyones reaction is the same. ooh youre a studenr nurse oooh and then usually some bull**** like will give me a check up!

i wouldnt go that far. im not that cliched.

but i much prefer student nurses to student teachers. student teachers belong on channel4 or woody allen films. they're eithere complete wasters or neurotic psychos. some are pretty fine thou. but will somebody please think of the children.

• Advertisement

any student teachers ive ever met are usally up their own asses. im sure theres nice ones, and i know im being totally biased here but i think student nurses are more down to earth tbh

me 2. the nurses always seem to be a wee bit friendlier.

but come to think of it i should be a student teacher judging by my personality
    edit (going by my description not chicks)

Lol ok then fair enough. I guess were supposed to be friendly. But that said, not everyone on my course is a regular florence nightingale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I actually haven't met any nurses yet, it's not like I can just pick them out of the crowd..

Come to the nurses ball then, chances are you might run into one:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I spent 6 years there and never met any nurses!*

*Well nurses from trinity anyways

Well there's plenty of us around! maybe we should wear signs.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

that or wear nothing at all..........

woops did i say that out loud?

That's definitely make me stand out!:eek:

yep :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

make you stand out and the lads stand up (if you take my meaning)

That's definitely make me stand out!

It'd..ahem..make SkyLynx stand out too...:P

edit: John was faster but I was better. :D

lol things are lookin up so!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Is TCD really known abroad? I'm currently studying in the UK and during my application process I brought TCD up for comparision with certain things here and there with people from admissions etc. from the UK uni's.

None of them had ever heard of it

Pet wrote:
    I do agree that TCD are a bit lazy when it comes to courses - they do rely on their reputation a bit too much. Other colleges give better science degrees (B.Sc's). The thing is though, if you're looking to do a post-grad in another country, eg the US or China or somewhere, TCD is well-known, whereas UCG might not be. That's where the advantage is. And I wanted to keep my options open.

As I said, nowadays, most people don't really care what college you go to (at least not the people I know) thanks to the free tuition scheme. The doors are open and anyone with the points can get in.

Why not? Go right ahead, you'll feel much better. ;)

• Advertisement

damnyanks wrote:
    Is TCD really known abroad? I'm currently studying in the UK and during my application process I brought TCD up for comparision with certain things here and there with people from admissions etc. from the UK uni's.

None of them had ever heard of it
    well judging by the fact we have a constant stream of foreign tourists into the college i'd say its pritty well known.

Would have thought it strange for people in a uni in the uk not to have heard of it.....

I don't think the majority of them go knowing what TCD is but rather they are in central Dublin it stands out and has the books of kells

I'm curious as to how Irish third level institutes are rated on a global scale really :D

damnyanks wrote:
    I don't think the majority of them go knowing what TCD is but rather they are in central Dublin it stands out and has the books of kells

I'm curious as to how Irish third level institutes are rated on a global scale really :D
    Well i dunno any american i've ever talked to has heard of TCD, but that could be just fluke.........

Well i dunno 'rated on a global scale' is a bit vague... like you looking for recognition off random people in other countries or job prospects/research prospects elsewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Haven't heard of it from the UK? Bizarre, anyone I've talked to has

damnyanks wrote:

I got this sent to me a few days ago...
    It is a tribute to the talent, scholarship and hard work of all of you
    that Trinity ranks 87th in the world, ahead of universities such as
    Bristol, Amsterdam and Munich. Trinity is the only Irish university in
    the top 200. While all of these indices have their limitations, the
    message is clear: Trinity is Ireland's leading research university and
    there should be a strong sense of pride that TCD has achieved this place
    in the context of the historically and internationally low levels
    of resourcing.

The person in question is referring to the Sunday Times university index. A previous index (shanghai) placed Trinity around the 260 mark.

So there you go. :rolleyes:

Well as I said I'm in the UK where they have far more universities and have many tables. The place I finally chose is ranked between 40 - 50 although for my course its ranked top 10. Then other tables its ranked top 20 and so on.

I think it would be nearly impossible to rate universities on a global scale individually. But like the people I was talking about had never heard of TCD... maybe its just a comp sci thing :)

How could brits have not heard of trinity before for gods sake

Chick wrote:
    How could brits have not heard of trinity before for gods sake
    They must be a right pack of gobsheens..

kinda feel sorry for 'em really

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

was it not their queen that opened TCD?

Advertisement