Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School sucks after a summer of ctyi...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

**** doesn't just happen.
    **** does happen. Hey, Karma, right?

**** happens, because we do ****, hence imbalancing things, and making **** happen to us in return

So your problems are your fault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Shiney wrote:
    One of the worst things about going back to school after CTYI, when i mention CTYI they go on for ages, slagging me off for going to 'summer school'
    They're so narrow minded
    Maybe U shud lighten up and take it as a joke.Many people go to Gaeltachts also, which bar the obvious language difference are based on the same principle.Learning during summer.PPl are always goin to slag u bout sumtin, if friends didn't slag each other then how would we pass the time when the conversation dries up???

And Plunky, I will probly agree with u wen I go to college that it is better than secondary school.I've herd many ppl say this.The saying mite even include college, because I suppose it is schooling.But I was only quoting an old saying and personally I'm havin a great time at d moment and am very happy.I just don't see how ppl are stil so hung up on CTYI when there's so much else out there to do and experiences just as gud as CTYI to be had.

Whoever that person was who's in 4th year, you really shud b havin d time of ur life.From what I've herd it is a gud year, even if it's not the best in ur skewl, then it's just a doss year where u get to do loadsa kewl activities wit ur mates.

No LiamD, you're wrong. Not all slagging is a joke. Most people who would slag me over CTYI are people who do it to hurt me. So there's no pont taking it as a joke if it isn't meant as such

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

So your problems are your fault

Heh. I don't think that that is true now Aonghus, to be fair. Although sometimes bad stuff happens because you did something bad, usually its just a random unfortunate series of events.

And CTYI vs school...yeah, CTYI was a million times better, there's no denying that. But we've gotta go to school til its done...Unless we leave early...or are already done...

So we should just make the best of it! Yay, optimism! :D

That's your opinion. I continue to believe in Karma however.

Optimism indeed. I now enjoy school, because the scousers have been largely removed from my experiencs of the education system. I now need only be in contact with them in PE, RE and Biology

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yep. I can honestly say I learned little or nothing (Educational) in CTYI. People who have been in my classes, bar IR, know why. :p I like the messers. Most of us are guilty of indulging in the joy of ****ing things up a little every so often. It's what keeps it from being even more monotonous. Stuff does just happen for no reason, but most doesn't. My views on it kiddies. :p

Yeah, I never learnt much in ctyi class-wise. In fact, I always felt the classes kinda got in the way a lil...but I sure learnt a lot of the important stuffs!

Yeah, same. It's kind of shaped me a lot. I'd be so much less me if it wasn't for that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Yeah. School v. CTYI... anyone else feel that reality, or at least memory, is distorted around CTYI-space?

<cue hooting owls in distance>

I'll just go stand over in the corner, then.
    raphael wrote:
    ...scousers have largely been removed...
    You mean New Ross's huge Liverpudlian population has moved on? The south east will never be the same again.
    I'm the same in school as I am in CTYI, just less so. And I never spend class in CTYI getting paid to learn Microsoft Frontpage :D . See, school isn't all bad.

I've just realized that's the first emoticon I've posted. How odd.

Is this the same "CTYI compacts time and then bends it to form extra realities and make everything possible" theory you and I were talking about a while back? That was fun. :D

• Advertisement

Yeah, time is completely different in CTYI. Looking back, it seems like it went on for so long, but while I was there it flew by. I guess its because when theres a lot of stuff happening, that time seems longer (in retrospect), but months of nothing seem like no time at all.

It was kind of the opposite for me. It seemed way too short then and it seems way too short looking back too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

yeah time flies when your having fun! ooh so many memories i wish i could just relive but then they just wouldnt be the same memories

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Your school < Institute, n00bs. CTYIers are okay when there are a few in your year, but I would end up hurting someone if my year was full of CTYIers.

Oh yeah, because that would suck. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Badmouthing CTYIers on the CTYI forum?

o.o

Isn't the institute feepaying? Phhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭emptyspoon

I don't see why everyone is saying they like the messers. For me they have totally ruined two of my favourite subjects, french and science. And although the odd remark they make may recieve a snigger from the rest of the class, overall all they're doing is making ape-like noises just so they can cover up their actualy lack of any sense of humour.
    But yeah, streaming is good. But there's always a few who somehow break the system, and so end up banding together and making collective ape-like noises, much to the annoyance of everybody else. :rolleyes:

Yeah but I have more funny guys in my classes than I do those ignorant gob****es. :)

Actually Aldwell, I'm close to having a better, or at least equal system than/to the institue, in a CBS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

the messers really do make school a bit more interesting. they're like, the one and only spark of spontanaeity (sp?) in school. the constant dull monotony would become even more constant, even more dull, and even more monotonous without 'em...

and barry, the feeling is mutual. a full year of ctyiers wouldnt wanna be around you either all the time :p (too lazy to not use quick reply and put real tongue sticking out emoticon- oh whatever)

ah we're not really dwelling on the fact that ctyi is better, we're fondly remembering... *butters up dwelling*

• Advertisement

doonothing wrote:
    and barry, the feeling is mutual. a full year of ctyiers wouldnt wanna be around you either all the time :p (too lazy to not use quick reply and put real tongue sticking out emoticon- oh whatever)
    Well there you go, they don't have to put up with me shaking my head and mumbling "bloody immature idiots" about 5 times a minute, and I don't have to put up with a bunch of people acting in a similar way to my 5 year old brother. Everybody wins.

If there were less messers, the general atmosphere between the teachers and students could be more relaxed, and so it might be less monotonous.
    I don't know.
    The messers are funny sometimes.
    But when it gets to the point that you're seriously getting NOTHING done in class it is somewhat tiring.

aah u guys how boring would school be without all the messers and the art of messing itself? Like going into school having talk with friends doing all work in class very formally.Doesnt that seem a bit boring and lame? i think it does. Life would just be plain boring if every1 did everything correctly and was a perfect student in school.

My year's pretty damn spontaneous. We had a riot in first year and a big protest in second year. :)

also there is nothing u can do about the messers? Absolutely nothing except moan bout it. Even streaming wont stop it since many messers are well able to get in to the top classes!

Ooh yea i had a strike in 1st year also?ooh wat a great year with so many days off! only i didnt appreciate it then.I was so naive! sigh

My year's just fairly violent. Last year alone we had 3 fights. Doing pretty well this year, to be honest...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

*thanks the lord barry is no longer in my school*

art thou not a ctyier? doest that not makest you a "bloody immature idiot"?

quaff, oh quaff and nepenthe!

*sigh* someday, maybe we can all grow up to be as bitter and moany as barry is...

someday.....

doonothing wrote:
    *sigh* someday, maybe we can all grow up to be as bitter and moany as barry is...

someday.....
    Don't worry, it'll come naturally with time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Katie-Bob

Right I have experienced both messers and like non-messers. Anyway it really depends on what year you are in. The school I'm in now has very little messing but its still great cric cos everyone is relaxed. In my old school it was funny watching everyone mess but when you're coming up to the junior cert you kinda want to get something done. Anyone just think of ctyi as the place that you make amazing friends, have great craic and gives you very bad habits when you come within 5 metres of.....well anything! ;)

(thanks cloudy for that)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

aah u guys how boring would school be without all the messers and the art of messing itself? Like going into school having talk with friends doing all work in class very formally.Doesnt that seem a bit boring and lame? i think it does. Life would just be plain boring if every1 did everything correctly and was a perfect student in school.
    Yeah, I agree.It would be so damn boring with no messers and in my experience they're constantly funny.

Advertisement