Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School sucks after a summer of ctyi...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

That'll teach the stupid bint

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Who would have thought a simple lie like faking someone elses death would have got out of hand? And it seemed like the perfect crime......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

You'd be surprised.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Aonghus can't so I will. That's stupid, ignorant and cold. Bitch.

Aonghus can't so I will. That's stupid, ignorant and cold. Bitch.
    Thanks for covering for me dude

• Advertisement

No worries man. You'd have done it to/for me! :D

Yeah...

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

In Religion:

"Now girls, does anyone know what adultery is?"
    "Is it, like, burning down the house or something?"
    "Well... I suppose metaphorically it's bringing down the house..."
    "I said burning."
    "Oh. Well... No."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

In History

''So Edward Vl had to rule England when he was 9 years old''
    ''How was he nine?''
    ''Well, you see, when people are born they age chronologically each year so nine years after Edward was born he was nine years old.''

Also in History:

''I'll be telling your form tutor about you''
    ''I'll be telling YOUR MA about you''

JenLorigan wrote:
    In Religion:

"Now girls, does anyone know what adultery is?"
    "Is it, like, burning down the house or something?"
    "Well... I suppose metaphorically it's bringing down the house..."
    "I said burning."
    "Oh. Well... No."

Heh. Excellent My year's been pretty quiet lately in terms of good quotes. There's always the old favourite though:

"Sir, how'd all them little micro-orgasms get in the soil?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

nothing beats watching eejits sruggle with sewing machines in fashion design

'uhm, what does the pedal do?'

'how do i stop it moving?'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Something scares me about sewing machines. I know more or less how to use one, but... it's kinda scary.

In Chemistry

Teacher: What does -poly mean?
    Student: Many.
    (...a few minutes later...)
    Teacher: So if you bond all the vinyl-chloride monomers together you get... (silence)... poly...
    Student: Many!

This was the same student, I might add.

Later on.

Teacher: What happens at the oil refinery?
    Student: They make oil!

Heh. It's funnier when they think they're right....

My chemisrty class is so fun, my friend included a picture of Rammstein and flamethrowers in his project. Also discussed for a couple of lines whether it's better to be killed by a flamethrower or a nuclear bomb, and what your dying thoughts would be.

The nuke, clearly. The burning would be worse but you'd barely have time to notice it, assuming of course you're lucky enough to be killed in the actual explosion and not the aftermath. *shudder* I've seen way too many pictures of Hiroshima lately. Accursed physics project! :mad:

Remind to tell you some of the hilarity (trans.: utter crap) that my Drug-Ed Class descended into next time we're talking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bazookatone

1) School sucks compared to CTYI
    2) College is at least as good as CTYI (seeing as how it's got the pros, relaxed atmosphere, no muppets, but not the cons, Rory the RA)
    3) School can never be as good as CTYI, because the people running schools don't understand the reason CTYI works. (more on that point later)
    4) Hannah, are you stealing my "make numbered points in your posts" thing. Dammit Hannah!, that's my thing!
    5) Please post more advice on my thread about how to get girls, the other stuff's gold.............of course,if you feel you're not SMART enough to give me advice on this topic....... (note subtle use of reverse psychology) :D
    6) A permenant CTYI boarding school would be heaven on Earth, and it's been suggested a dozen times. I'm still up for opening one, though, if anyone's interested in funding it.
    7) I'm going to go now and take a collossal dump

Words of wisom, Bazookatone. Every one a gem.

studying 'the dead' in english:

teacher: so these women are gabriel's aunts
    girl: oh, so he's their nephew?
    teacher: yes
    girl: and they're his aunts?
    teacher: yes. do you understand now?
    girl: um... i don't know.

tools. the lot of them

Yup. Exactly what I wanted to hear. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

ooh, now THATS the kinda brutal honesty that (almost) never fails with the laydeez

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

2) College is at least as good as CTYI (seeing as how it's got the pros, relaxed atmosphere, no muppets, but not the cons, Rory the RA)

No, college is far superior to CTYI.
    6) A permenant CTYI boarding school would be heaven on Earth, and it's been suggested a dozen times. I'm still up for opening one, though, if anyone's interested in funding it.

No, no, no, no. College > CTYI > Secondary,
    That said, I regret going to CTYI this year, could have done something better with my time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

NeoSlicerZ wrote:
    I regret going to CTYI this year, could have done something better with my time.
    Are you mad? If you went to Session 1 then I good not agree more (you could have come to Session 2).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Don't even start that...

...again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Are you mad? If you went to Session 1 then I good not agree more (you could have come to Session 2).
    I went to S2, and quite frankly, got disillusioned with it. In college now, happy as can be, 'cos there isn't any staff looking over your shoulder, no irritating people that you have to put up with and there aren't any stringent rules really. I had thought of being an RA, but now, i doubt i'd want to.

you know, not everyone is always going to enjoy ctyi, and yes there are other worthwhile things to do with your summer. just because you loved it this year, doesn't mean it's not a little naive to think that everyone else did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Woah, woah, woah. Light hearted comments can really turn against you on the CTYI forum, huh?

not really, just ones that annoy me

• Advertisement

Bitter Ana? I had a good enough time this year, but nowhere near as good as last year.

Advertisement