Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School sucks after a summer of ctyi...

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

not particularly, i just think that my own experiences this year were...

ok, i'm bitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

I agree with ana. and that doesn't necessarily mean we're bitter. (i might've been awhile ago, but definitely not anymore.) it's a great program, but it doesn't mean it's going to be amazing every session for every single person. things just don't work like that. i'm not saying i haven't loved it, but it's not perfect by any means. and i agree with NeoSlicerZ with everything he said in his last post. by my last year, the staff breathing down my neck was a little more than stifling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Oh please! Stop all your bellyaching. You get back what you put into it. Not once, not twice, but thrice! if you didn't have a great time then maybe you should look at yourself/selves. Maybe you weren't involved enough, didn't take part enough, didn't try your best to be your best. All I'm saying is we make our own lives and maybe you guys gave up half way.

As for the R.A.s breathing down your neck, well, they have to supervise you and that's not gonna go away, so you just have to put it out of your mind and get on with things, make the best of the situation.

Oh please! Stop all your bellyaching. You get back what you put into it. Not once, not twice, but thrice! if you didn't have a great time then maybe you should look at yourself/selves. Maybe you weren't involved enough, didn't take part enough, didn't try your best to be your best. All I'm saying is we make our own lives and maybe you guys gave up half way.

As for the R.A.s breathing down your neck, well, they have to supervise you and that's not gonna go away, so you just have to put it out of your mind and get on with things, make the best of the situation.

first off, i can bellyache all i want

secondly, i 'put' into ctyi. i enjoy myself there by being myself, the same as i would anywhere else in the world. i shouldn't to change myself or 'look at myself', like you suggest. in life in general, i'm a lazy halfhearted tool, and i can't see how i should be expected to change that in order to have a good time. i have a wonderful time being a lazy halfhearted tool the rest of the year. yes, i make bad decisions and yes, i **** things up (not only in ctyi) and that's just me. i don't know why i should treat ctyi any differently from everyday life.

bleh, i'm tired and couldn't be arsed finishing this.

first off, i can bellyache all i want

secondly, i 'put' into ctyi. i enjoy myself there by being myself, the same as i would anywhere else in the world. i shouldn't to change myself or 'look at myself', like you suggest. in life in general, i'm a lazy halfhearted tool, and i can't see how i should be expected to change that in order to have a good time. i have a wonderful time being a lazy halfhearted tool the rest of the year. yes, i make bad decisions and yes, i **** things up (not only in ctyi) and that's just me. i don't know why i should treat ctyi any differently from everyday life.

bleh, i'm tired and couldn't be arsed finishing this.
    Okay, first. It's not a good time or a wonderful time it's an astoundingly amazing time. You should treat it differently than you do everyday life because you have opportunities and possisbilities in CTYI that you don't get in everyday life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

It's good but it's deteriorating. I don't know what CTYI yoyu were at this year but you must have noticed the staff getting way too intrusive. Back in '02 or '03 nobody asked questions or took themselves too seriously but that's starting to kick in. I mean seriously, "No public displaying of affection"? How they expect to pull that off with nigh on three hundred randy nerds running around the place I don't know but the saddest thing was their trying to enforce it. That took a lot out of me for a while until they started letting up. Imagine what it was like for people who were affected by it! The problem is, it's not just a CTYI thing. People are having to be less lenient with adolescents these days. That's just a sad fact of the matter. It's going downhill fast but I'm going to enjoy this train-wreck to the last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

or maybe, after having a lot of fun in ctyi in your first year, you glorify it into being perfect, then when you get there and it has, *gasp* flaws, it doesnt seem so perfect?
    it doesnt really matter, tis only 3 weeks out of 52 in a year...

Actually I enjoyed my second year far more. But my point was that the admin weren't as intrusive back then. They still shouldn't have to be, but the reality is that they do, and it's sad.

You should treat it differently than you do everyday life because you have opportunities and possisbilities in CTYI that you don't get in everyday life.

which opportunities and possibilities are you referring to? none, other than the educational ones and the fact that i could dress a little more honestly to myself than i would usually, spring to my mind immediately, and i certainly made the most of these opportunities. maybe i'm wrong though.

and dave, i completely agree with you. although i only started in '03, ffs, the whole fact that aisling got given out to more wearing a dress (and a perfectly acceptable dress in almost everyone's eyes, not just my own sartorially-charged, feministic eyes) is absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah. And I was the only guy subtle enough to not be nailed on cross-dressing wednesday. Heh. In the class photo I'm wearing Aine's jacket, sleeves halfway up my biceps and all. Rather amusing that they didn't notice it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Which is why there should NEVER be a school based on CTYI.

the whole fact that aisling got given out to more wearing a dress (and a perfectly acceptable dress in almost everyone's eyes, not just my own sartorially-charged, feministic eyes) is absolutely ridiculous.
    What dress was she wearing? Any pics.? :D
    Yeah. And I was the only guy subtle enough to not be nailed on cross-dressing wednesday.
    'Hot Dave' sneaked in wearing a fish net top in our class photo although he wasn't wearing it all day (or was he).

Damn it! And just when you think you're special...

/Waits for bad rep from Barry about how sad I am to depend on a bulleting board for stuff like this. :rolleyes:

What dress was she wearing? Any pics.? :D

if you'd actually read the sentence i wrote, you'd know that the dress wasn't revealling or skimpy in anyway. congrats, you made a hormone-charged tit out of yourself.

Once again a light hearted comment bites me in the ***. It did sound like a you were saying it in a kind of joking way. As though to say, "hell yeah it was skimpy!"

Um. Not really. Blame hormones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

"Schools sucks after a summer of ctyi..." turns into "CTYI isn't as good when you're older..."

I'm sorry, I'm in a kinda giddy mood. I asked my parents why Portlaoise was called Portlaoise when it's about as far from sea as you can get in Ireland.

...of course this is on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

Hi Bill.
    any whoo................................Bye
    ZOOM

Yup. Yes indeedy.

Bleh!

...That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

but the staff weren't all THAT intrusive were they?
    sure they told us to stop doing stuff....but did anyone actually stop?
    twas more fun being bold when you've got a bigger chance of getting caught....
    but yeah, i think most people had fun this year anyway, just 'cos it wasnt as good as before doesnt mean we cant enjoy it while we're still able to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Oh.. and the fact that you can't go drinking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Damn it! And just when you think you're special...

/Waits for bad rep from Barry about how sad I am to depend on a bulleting board for stuff like this. :rolleyes:
    The rep system seems to have disappeared, so I shall simply say: Go forth my son, and spam. You have my blessing, I no longer care

Edit: damn, I forgot I was freezing my postcount at 1337

...damn, I forgot I was freezing my postcount at 1337

My car's mileage was 012345 miles today coming home from school.

Advertisement