Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

halo 1 and 2 question

Options
  • 10-11-2004 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

ok im gettin my xbox(finally) on friday with the limited edition halo 2. just curious would you say id need to have finished the first one to enjoy it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

A major draw for the series is the storyline imho. You can pick it up pretty quick but it's like coming into the middle of a movie trilogy without seeing the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

You wouldnt need to but I would bet it adds to the experience. The first one is an excellent buy considering its on budget release!!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

So this is what you should do. Play Halo 1 through on easy(I'm assuming that you'll get it with your new xbox), you'll have it done it a couple of hours & have for the most part the story line told. Then lash into Halo 2. On the other hand condensing Halo 1 down like that is a crying shame as it's absolutly class in it's own right.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Yuri

You should get halo 1 first and play it for a while, it will make halo 2 seem a lot better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Bought Xbox in Feb just to play Halo 1 and was impressed with the game alright but nothing major so traded it in and bought PC instead! Halo 1 was good but I think once HL2 is released on PC and then on Xbox it will kick it ass!

But Halo 2 will be a good stop gap until HL is released next summer?? on xbox!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

half life 2 has been cancelled on xbox. wont come out until the nexgen i do believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

evad_lhorg wrote:
    half life 2 has been cancelled on xbox. wont come out until the nexgen i do believe
    ah how great it is to be a pc owner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Big Nelly wrote:
    Bought Xbox in Feb just to play Halo 1 and was impressed with the game alright but nothing major so traded it in and bought PC instead!
    were can you get a pc for 150 bucks these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

were can you get a pc for 150 bucks these days?

Invested the 150 into the PC to upgrade! got one for 400 and invested the 150 for new system boards and proc!

Advertisement