Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SG:A, Episode 11:The Storm - Part 2 [Spoilers!!]

Options
  • 10-11-2004 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭

This is one kick ass episode and is kinda unusual in that it really doesn't pull any punches. As the second episode of a two parter I'm well impressed by it and was really pleasantly surprised by its non cop out ending.

Sheppard is the star of the second part and is one bad ass mofo in this episode and is equal to Teal'c in bad ass'ness :) The rest of the cast are up to there usual excellence with plenty of groovy Rodney and McKay one liners :) Hell, even Talia is less lame than usual which is saying allot.

Roll on episode 12 :D

What did you think of SG:A-1x11 "The Eye"? 15 votes

Amazing
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    40% 6 votes
    OK
    53% 8 votes
    Bad
    6% 1 vote
    I'd rather watch Andromeda
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

And in case anyone's wondering, the episode aired in Canada where they'll have five new episodes before taking a break (or so I'm led to believe). Thankfully, as well as American cousins, I've got Canadian cousins who are sending me the tape currently. Unfortunately, I didn't realise it was taped until late this evening and delivery is slow right now so I won't get to see it until tomorrow night.... Reports are good though, which makes me smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

WHY DID NOBODY MENTION THIS BEFORE?!?

Operator - dial me Canada!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Woot - this is a good 'un! As Venom implies, it's a lot darker than what we may expect from SGA. Sheppard is really in tough bastard mode - "Shoot to kill". He's clinical and precise and how great was his shooting from the ceiling trick? Even Ford comes into his own, trying to take authority here and showing the most characterisation we've had from it yet. Hell Tey-Lo is even on form.

Credit also due to Robert Davi as an effectively Machiavellan villain. He'll do whatever it takes for the Genii to succeed. I'm hoping he's not dead. Also credit to the SFX crew who did some stonking work with the storm effects - amazing given the budget of the show.

I think this may be the best episode yet of SGA - wuhoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

ixoy wrote:
    Woot - this is a good 'un! As Venom implies, it's a lot darker than what we may expect from SGA. Sheppard is really in tough bastard mode - "Shoot to kill". He's clinical and precise and how great was his shooting from the ceiling trick? Even Ford comes into his own, trying to take authority here and showing the most characterisation we've had from it yet. Hell Tey-Lo is even on form.

QUOTE]

The ceiling shooting was awsome (wasnt going to spoil it but to late now lol) and I was really surprised to see the 3 Geni goons got killed ad not the usual stunned, knocked out etc that normaly shows the hero is not a bad mofo. And as for turning on the sheild to splat those 55 incoming Geni troops was just nasty. When he told Ford to leave the wraith stunner gun behind and shoot to kill it showed the writers and really trying to boost this show up to the B5 level of sci fi and not towards the phasers on stun crap of ST. The lead Geni was cool but I hope hes dead as it will add so much more to the series if they is none of the back from the dead characters plots that ruin of shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭The Shol'va

Venom wrote:
    ixoy wrote:

QUOTE]

The ceiling shooting was awsome (wasnt going to spoil it but to late now lol) and I was really surprised to see the 3 Geni goons got killed ad not the usual stunned, knocked out etc that normaly shows the hero is not a bad mofo. And as for turning on the sheild to splat those 55 incoming Geni troops was just nasty. When he told Ford to leave the wraith stunner gun behind and shoot to kill it showed the writers and really trying to boost this show up to the B5 level of sci fi and not towards the phasers on stun crap of ST. The lead Geni was cool but I hope hes dead as it will add so much more to the series if they is none of the back from the dead characters plots that ruin of shows.
    Back from the dead? At what point did Koyla look dead? Does everyone who gets shot in the shoulder die or something? :P

BTW, the episode is called The Eye, not The Storm - Part 2

So they should air The Defiant One, Sanctuary, Hot Zone, and Before I Sleep and then stop again. That would mean their last new episode will be December... 6th. And Sky One will start showing new SG-1 on December 14th, so no big break there.

Sky should show Atlantis episode 16 (The Brotherhood) on February 8th, if we take the two-week Christmas break into account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

this was quite a good episode, it was good buit not amazing.
    i did like the fact that SGA lost 2 people i think it was and Genei lost 62 i think it was and i dont tyuink we have seen the last of smiley (colm meaney) and the other genei

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭The Shol'va

User45701 wrote:
    this was quite a good episode, it was good buit not amazing.
    i did like the fact that SGA lost 2 people i think it was and Genei lost 62 i think it was and i dont tyuink we have seen the last of smiley (colm meaney) and the other genei
    Smiley? :P

The Genii lost Tyrus in Underground, 2 guys in The Storm and then the 3 Shep shot from above in The Eye, plus the 55 coming through the gate and then the couple that got shot when they tried to take Weir and McKay.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

Thank's for the head's up!

Really looking forward to these episode's!

X

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

saw that last night... excellent though i think the SFX were a bit crap for the tidal wave.... I mean it looked like a tidal wave as people think of them but a tidal wave is just a swell of water.. it does not turn into a wave like that till it starts hitting land.

How did the genai know everything about atlantis though?? How did they know they needed an IDC code to dissable a foreshield? Not mentioned in previous eps to them and i doubt info like that is just told to people they meet...

Atlantis is excellent but sometimes little things that make no sense,... last one was when they were on the planet with the EM field.. at the end before they took off, Mckay said he increased the field by 50% but they landed at the edge of the original field area so that would put them inside the EM field after the increase :D

the genei knew everything cause they exracted info from one of the other humans telas people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

User45701 wrote:
    the genei knew everything cause they exracted info from one of the other humans telas people
    sorry dont think so... Before they even appeared in the episode they knew... they went straight to the talas guy, took his IDC and asked him what the code was! How did they know they needed a code?? No other stargate needs one so they would not think its needed.

probbley one of those parts that happened off camara

Advertisement