Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long distance audio transfer

Options
  • 10-11-2004 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

I'm about to get a new amp (Sony STR-DB795) and i want to have my music steaming from my pc. Thing is, allowing for tacking around the wall , the distance is around 10m (30ft) so im looking for peoples advice on whivh connection to use. I have a SB Audigy 2 platinum ex, Which has digital and analogue outputs.

Analogue leads are easy to come by, but I am a bit concerned about losing quality so I'd prefer to avoid them. That leaves me with the option of optical or the SPDIF out on the SB. Question 1 is, is the SPDIF the same as digital coax? If som that leaves me with the same two options. In that case I think i'll go with digital coax, nd that leaves the problem of getting a decent quality 10m lead.

Cheers in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

There'll be hardly any noticable audio lose on a distance of 10m if you use an analog cable, they are cheap and easy to come by. Make sure if you get the cable made up that it is correctly soldered and you use a heavy duty co-ax screened cable, get gold connectors on the ends too, it'll be fine, 10m is no distance. I'd be worried if you were going over 100m

John

Advertisement