Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ftping with Eircom BB

• 10-11-2004 8:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

hello all,
    is ftping allowed on eircom BB
    ie. if i setup a ftp server on my pc will eircom block traffic through that port?
    or is it allowed?

thanks
    Macker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

they will probably advise ypu to buy a business package if they cop on to u setting up an ftp server

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

They wont do anything. I run one sometimes and it works fine, just set it to something like 2345 for the Port, unless its running on 21 they probably wont even notice it. They dont have an upload cap anyway so theres nothing they can say about it.

WellyJ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i ran one briefly just to see if i could set one up and ran it on port 21. no prob's at all just had to put the pinhole in the modem

data

(p.s nice sig wellyJ)

Yeh of course, make sure you forward (pinhole) whatever port it is you want to use.

First sig complement ive received, most people complain about it :/ thanks

WellyJ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

I think its cool 2, adds a bit of life to the boards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

WellyJ wrote:
    First sig complement ive received, most people complain about it :/ thanks

of course they complain it breaks the sig rules http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60479
    bad rep comming your way unless its sized down to 300x125 and no more than 20k

think of the people using lowish res and/or 56k
    alot of people viewing at work/college are using crappy monitors

Done :(

Advertisement