Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any s939 owners help me?

Options
  • 10-11-2004 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,983 ✭✭✭✭

My K8T wont boot with a winchester cpu? Is there anyone in the Dublin area with a s939 that could call to Dun Laoire for 20 mins to let me flash the bios using there s939 newcastle chip??

its worth a few quids to me :(

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Azza

Is that the MSI socket 939 motherboard. If so I think there is a semi work around. Ensure that you only have one stick of ram in the machine in dimm slot 1. I think its allows you to boot up far enough to flash the bios.

If not you could try hot flashing another MSI (if it is) motherboard chip if you know anyone with one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,983 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

tried that no go, apprently that works for the K8N but noone is sure if it works for the K8T,

also the bios is soldered in :eek:

• Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Azza

Your going new a newcastle chip or an fx :)....otherwise you will need to send motherboard back and get the manufacturer to do it for you. If the bios is not removable you can't get a replacement bios chip shipped out.

I was lucky I knew someone with a 939 newcastle chip in Galway and he just happened to be heading into athlone last friday. Otherwise I be in the same boat as you.

such a pain :(

no one that could drop over to me in dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

yer gwan so cyrus, i'll help ya out, i have a 3800+, i'll pm you my moby now, we can sort out the details if ya ring me...

CC

Thanks cc ur a sound man,

it seems ill be putting you out a bit gettin u to come out to dl so if anyone else is closer all help appreciated

even if someone could hot flash my bios chip?

Advertisement