Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need For Speed Underground 2 PC

Options
  • 10-11-2004 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

Tis finally out*
    The first one was the most fun I've had with a racing game on the pc... ever.
    Mind you now we have the crazy mayhem that is Flatout. Still no damage in NFSU2, which is a bit dissapointing, no physics either. I guess EA aren't really known for pioneering (or even jumping on a relatively new bandwagon).

I do like the new cityscapes though.

fromUK_001.jpg

Anyway, will give it a proper bash tonight. nyom nyom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Let me know what you think of it. I enjoyed the first one. Also do you no whether it has lan support this time around? This was the one thing missing from NFSU, although there was a mod for it. Mod wasn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Why do the roads and pavements in NFSU games have to look like they're made out of marble, or else soaking wet!? It annoys me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

well if its as fun as the first then i'll be a happy chap, dont really care about the sillyness of the shiny roads it adds to the game in a way, makes you laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I'm really looking forward to this. The first one was the best driving game I've played (until Burnout 3 arrived that is), modding the cars was great fun and the drifting stages were almost as much fun as the road rage events in Burnout 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Getting the demo now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

it's the full game i presume he's talking about.

it was leaked also afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Kaimera wrote:
    it's the full game i presume he's talking about.

it was leaked also afaik.
    Who's "he"? The cat's father? :P

anywho, yeah full version. Still haven't played it, my computer went balls-up after a linux-related incident :o

So its sitting-pretty on my external HD now, waiting to be installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

lol. figure of speech. my bad :|

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Does it have network support this time around?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I hope they've done something about the repetitivness of the last one.
    Other than that it was a fairly enjoyable game apart from the cheating traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Giblet wrote:

I really hope it does, it was great craic playing NFS:U on LAN, but having to to do all the various bits and pieces just to play a lan game really sucked.
    What's the idea of not allowing LAN play anyway? It's certainly not going to make me want to register with EA online to play against some faceless online gamer

Finally gave it a whirl. First impression: more of the same +cityscapes starting to resemble a kind of neotokyo. Had a few quick races. Very pretty. Jeeps are an option now - big rapper jeeps. As you can imagine the handling is awful.

My PC: 2800+, 1gig ram, 9700 pro
    1280x1024 max details ~20fps
    1024x768 max details ~30fps
    1024x768 medium details ~50fps

Oh and yes, it does have LAN support. :D

sounds sweet i'll have to aquire it :P

mayordenis wrote:
    sounds sweet i'll have to aquire it :P
    a wink's as good as a nod to a blind man!

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    a wink's as good as a nod to a blind man!

yes . . anyway glad to hear the pc is back up and running

1024x768 max details ~30fps

Thought you'd do better than that with a 9700 PRO. :eek: Hope the 9800 Pro fares better but I fear not.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Giblet wrote:
    According to a review ;) I read, it does :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

It sure does(have LAN support), we were rocking this game over at gamecon this weekend and it was a blast!

And a 9800pro is fine, trust me! I run 1280x1024 with near max graphics, turn of some of the pretty things to add fps, and I have no problems

That's good news. How many can you put on a server?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

if you liked the previous game, you'll love this one. here's me 20% completed.

http://www.yorema.com/~adnans/NFS2_breathe.wmv (512kb version) 7megs dl
    http://www.yorema.com/~adnans/NFS2_breathe_1meg.wmv (1meg version) 13 megs dl

adnans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Can you play splitscreen 2 player in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

It sure does(have LAN support), we were rocking this game over at gamecon this weekend and it was a blast!

And a 9800pro is fine, trust me! I run 1280x1024 with near max graphics, turn of some of the pretty things to add fps, and I have no problems

awwwww man woulda gone just for that. ****ed up sig! :D

Advertisement